Chapter 17

Hermione's P.O.V

I could hear Harry talking to my parents, though I was still in my old bedroom and I hadn't planned on leaving. It was the only thing I had left now that I was a complete stranger to my parents.

After a few minutes, I hear my parents leave and then Harry telling Ron he's going to check up on me. Which was to be expected, though I wasn't really sure I wanted company at the moment.

Knock Knock

"Hermione?" Harry says from beyond my bedroom door.

I thought about ignoring him, but this was Harry. We were always there for each other and there was no way I could block him out during all of this. I know that if it was the other way around, I would expect Harry to open the door for me.

"Come in." I say weakly and he enters almost immediately.

He sat down next to me on the bed. "I'm sorry, Hermione." he said "I know how hard that must have been."

"I want to leave." I admitted "I want to leave everything and start over just like my parents." I turned to meet Harry's eyes. "I don't want to spend my time with you in fear that something bad will happen."

He put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Hermione, I promise nothing bad will happen to either of us."

Even though I knew he couldn't really make a promise like that, it still made me feel better knowing that he wasn't going to leave my side.

"Now, you should really get some rest." he said getting off the bed "You've had a long day today and there's much more to come."

I could tell he was choosing not to acknowledge what I had said about leaving, but I wasn't sure if I was up for arguing about it.

He was almost halfway out the door before I got up enough nerve to say anything.

"Harry." I called out softly "You can stay if you'd like."

He took a moment to think, before nodding and making his way back over to the bed. I pushed the covers down so that we could both crawl in and Harry pulled them back over us as I layed my head on his chest.

"Good night, Harry." I said

"Night, Hermione."

***

***

Harry's P.O.V

I awoke to find myself alone in Hermione's bed. I immediately felt worried, though I know that I'm just overreacting, so I grab my glasses and head back down the stairs.

"Hermione?" I called "Ron? Anyone?"

No answer.

Naturally I panicked. Something bad surely happened to them and I slept through the whole thing. Now they were in some sort of horrible trouble and I was to blame.

At the bottom of the steps I had turned to enter the living room, where instead of finding Ron and Hermione, I had found multiple death eaters glaring at me. One being Bellatrix.

Upon seeing me she gave me a wicked smile. "Well if it isn't the chosen one himself." she said "It was only a matter of time until you realized your sidekicks were gone."

I clenched my fist. "They are not sidekicks." I growled "They are as important in this war as I am."

Somehow, she found that amusing and let out a cackle-like laugh. "This whole war is happening because of you." she said "And trust me...you won't be winning."

Enough was enough and I grabbed my wand and held it against her throat.

"Where are they?!" I yelled "What have you done to them?!"

I had never felt as angry as I had now with the death eaters using my friends as leverage against me and acting as if it was all fun and games.

It was weird to me that the death eaters hadn't thought of it as anything serious. While my wand was at Bellatrix's throat they all sat there and smiled as if killing Bellatrix would have been very amusing for them to see.

I even noticed that Bellatrix herself thought it was funny. Of course I couldn't really think much of that. I remember when Sirius got out of Azkaban and I had my wand pointed at him, he had started laughing like a mad man. I had just assumed that Azkaban had done the same thing to Bellatrix.

"Where is she!" I yelled, more concerned that they found out my connection with Hermione which is why this was all happening now and in her house.

I got no response, instead Bellatrix started laughing again which had only gotten me more upset.

"WHERE IS SHE??!!" I yelled again and held my wand closer to her neck. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER!!?"

She laughed once more and before disapparating she had simply said. "If only you knew."

***
***

A/N:

I feel really bad about the cliff hanger, so I promise to update soon.

I swear that nothing horrible happens :)

-Liv