Orphan Fan

[Unless said otherwise, all chapters will be made up of Modern Lams characters/timeline]
[Where Hamilton is a young(scrappyandhungry) of 18 years, Laurens is 18 1/2, and Eliza is 19]

"Again?" Eliza frowned at the Woman who stood in front of her.

"Yes Mrs.Schuyler, as one of the eldest child here at King's Orphanage I expect you to show around the newcomers, understood?" The woman tapped her food along the glazed, wooden floor-boards that covered the entire building.

"Yes Theo- but, they're all the same! It gets boring." Eliza frowned.

"I think this one will prove you wrong, he's got some...personality, if you were to ask me; anyway, once you've given him a tour, show him to room 1776 on the second floor, alright?"

"So he'll be sharing a room with freckles?" Eliza cocked her head delicately.

"Call the boy by his real name, but yes."

Eliza didn't honestly know his real name, but only his name, she knew everyone in this place, but was quite terrible with names. She dipped her head before she turned around, walking down the main hallway of the orphanage towards the entrance. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy showing the newly arrived orphans around every time they received one or so, it was just that after awhile she got bored of it, that all were the same, timid and afraid, looking at the blue and white walls as if the flower print there was actually thorns just waiting to bite at them, they hardly ever actually spoke to her until they got settled, which could take weeks, or in some cases, months.

Eliza continued down the hallway until she came to an intersection of doors, the left leading to the living room, mainly referred to as the common room; there were a few children there sitting on couches that surrounded an unlit fireplace, it was summer after all, there was no need for a fire to be lit. The right leading to the cafeteria, or mess-hall, some other children were nibbling on crackers while sharing stories at the circular tables that were scattered throughout the room, ending at the rectangular tables that usually held food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but only held salted-crackers at the moment, as it wasn't any of those times yet.

Eliza turned her gaze back to the set of doors in front of her, opening them up to the main lobby of the facility, arriving behind a desk as she stepped forward to let the doors slam shut behind her. She peered over the desk, nobody was in the rolling chair at the moment, as Theodosia usually was. Eliza's eyes scanned the room before they landed on a boy who sat in one of the chairs pressed against the wall of the room by the entrance to the Orphanage itself. She frowned a moment as she saw the boy looking down at the ground with a melancholy expression on his face.

Eliza hesitated a moment before allowing a smile to spread across her face, she then cleared her throat.

The boy's head immediately shot up along with his back as he straightened up, "Oh- Hello." He said simply.

"Hello there, you must be...?" Eliza had completely forgotten to ask for the boy's name.

The boy shifted his feet back and forth before filling in her loss for words himself, "Alexander Hamilton, my name is Alexander Hamilton."

"Ah, yes...is just Alex fine?" Eliza asked.

"Yes." Alex nodded.

"Alrighty, come with me." Eliza walked over to the small chain between the built-in desk and the wall and unhooked the chain from the wall, allowing Alex to step behind the desk.

Alex did so and waited until Eliza had rebooked the chain before following her as she went through the set of doors just behind the desk.

"So, this is...the main hallway." Eliza nodded.