Winter Formal

[Dedicated to my winter formal next week and how I never get asked and just hang by the bar and drink- Diet Coke, I drink Diet Coke, ha with cherries, I've never had a 'drink' before so I manage to get drunk off of Diet Coke— Anyway, this is a scenario I'm sure a lot of us have been in but...here's an ending we all wish would happen butneverdoeshaha]

[Requested by johnlaurensmom ]

John tapped at his clear, plastic cup in his hands, staring down at the cherry that sat just out of reach, under the ice that was still stained a slush brown from the diet Coke that had been drank dry from it almost completely.

"Mon Ami, there's always next year!" Lafayette slapped John on the back hardily, his voice barely audible over the rock music that blasted all the way to the Coke bar at the back of the dance.

"Laf, this is our senior year, there's no next year." John sighed as he began poking his straw through the ice and at the cherry, attempting to stab into it and pull it out.

"Eh...college!" Lafayette tried again with a grin.

John continued with his cherry jabbing, "He isn't going to go to the same college as me." He mumbled bitterly.

Lafayette frowned, looking to Hercules who sat on the stool on the other side of John, having just asked the waiter for a cup full of cherries and now wolfing them all down, pausing to look at Lafayette who now glared at him and nodded to John.

Hercules quickly swallowed and patting John's back on top of Lafayette's hand, "Uh- you'll always be able to get Alexander next year?"

"Sweet mère of- merde!" Lafayette threw his hands in the air.

"What?" Hercules put his hands up in the air defensively.

"John, go for it." Lafayette smiled.

"What? You mean like- dance with him?" John's eyes widened as he looked at Lafayette, "Seriously?"

Lafayette nodded, "Go! Go now before it is too late!"

"This isn't some fan fiction where everything can go as it's written, Laf, it doesn't work that way."

"It does not work 'zat way unless you make it work 'zat way!" Lafayette beamed.

"Nuh-Uh." John shook his head and returned to his cherry.

Lafayette frowned before getting up to walk over and sit beside Hercules, pointing out towards the dance floor down the stairs and then nodding.

John gave the two a confused look as they got up and surrounded him, he let out a sigh, "Wh-AT?" John yelped as his wrists were grabbed and he was pulled from his seat into an upright position, "What- what are you doing?" He groaned as Lafayette pulled a comb from his pocket.

"Giving you, Mon Ami, a new look." Lafayette winked.

"We're at the formal, the time to do this was before the f- ORMAL- SHIT-!" John squeaked at the tug of the comb that was being run through his curly hair, "THAT HURTS!"

"That's what he said." Hercules snorted.

"Shut- UP- OW!" John grimaced as the brush untangled the matted curls, which didn't really look any different from regular curls, but brushed out...they did.

"Almost done!" Lafayette declared as Hercules continued to hold onto his wrists to keep him from escaping the comb.

John let out a pout as Lafayette undid his ponytail and his hair fell to his shoulders as Laf began to comb through that now too.