Oliver Twisted

[A combined request from pineapplegeekHP and Rosiearmy]

[Pardon my horrible drawing capabilities at the end- I was trying a new eye-style and it obviously failed ha, but that's Laurens and Hammy as Dodger and Nancy from Oliver! (twist) the musical— even though we all know the MILKMAID is the best, obviously— also I'm making it a head-canon that the Milkmaid in Oliver is gay. Specifically a gay Jay.]

"Ah, but you see, it will work out perfectly!" Lafayette beamed from where he sat beside Hercules, his eyes planted on the two boys across from him at the cafeteria table they currently sat at.

"I don't know," Alex shrugged, "I can rap but- singing? Really?" He frowned.

"I'm sure you'll be fine with singing." John chuckled from his spot beside Alex.

"No, no, not at all, this voice?" Alex returned the nervous chuckle.

Lafayette gave Hercules a look and elbowed him, nodding to something behind them.

Hercules gave a confused look before spotting what Lafayette was nodding to and grinning, leaping to his feet along with Laf and bounding away from the table.

[Filler]
Due to unforeseen circumstances, not all of this chapter will be written! This will result in me explaining what would have happened:

Laf convinces John and Alex to join the school musical, what they don't realize is that it's a mixed cast and John gets cast in a female role as Nancy and Alex gets cast as the sub-main character, The Artful Dodger! While practicing their lines together in Alex's room, the boys discover a particular song:]

"Hm?" John looked to Alex who was skimming through the song and took notice of his dark red features that were creeping onto his face, suddenly making he himself feel a bit nervous.

"You know how to read music?" Alex looked to John.

John nodded, "Sure do."

"...This one," Alex pointed to the title of the song, pausing, before grinning and getting up.

"Ok-"

"Permit me to assist you across the road?" Alex gave a polite grin to John.

John looked down at the lyrics and realized that this was the non-musical intro to it and snickered, not quite sure what this song was about, but seemingly alright with it at the moment, "Well, I was only going to the palace actually- doorman, a cab, would you please?"

"Allow me the privilege to escort you in 'me own carriage." Alex grabbed John's hand.

John laughed out as Alex led him to his desk and to the desk chair, "After you, my grace." Alex did a small bow as he stood behind the chair.

"Oh, sir artful, you are too kind!" John giggled as he sat down in the chair.

Alex paused.

"I'd do anything, for you, dear, anything, for you mean everything to me." Alex sang out sweatily.

"I know that I'd go anywhere for your smile, anywhere, for your smile's everywhere I'd see." Alex made his way in front of John, glancing down at the sitting boy so that their eyes met and both of them smiled.

"Would you climb a hill?" John tilted his head up.

"Anything." Alex beamed.

"Wear a daffodil?" John poked Alex's chest where his chest pocket was.

"Anything," Alex pressed his chest against the finger to show he meant it.

"Leave me all your will?" John moved his finger to Alex's chin in a quick movement, causing the other to shutter a bit before John stood up to meet his height, using the finger to tilt Alex's chin up as John was now higher than him.

"Anything." Alex responded, sounding absolutely determined.

"Even fight my bill?" John cocked an eyebrow.

"It'sADoubleMeaning," Alex murmured out quickly, taking the place of his line though the two continued with the beats as John's hands moved to fold across his chest with a smirk.

Alex glanced down at his paper and his heart lurched at the next line as he saw a window...a pause...Alex looked up at John and lifted his hand, still holding the script, before releasing the script and chucking it as far as paper would go.

John looked confused for a moment before Alex put a hand to John's cheek, "I'd risk everything for one kiss, everything," Alex spoke his lines rather than singing them.

This caught John off guard as he felt head collect at his cheeks and down his neck.

"Yes, I'd do anything..." Alex murmured quietly.

"Anything?" John and Alex's faces were getting closer.

"Anything, for you..."

The song was cut short by a gentle peck to the lips.

Alex leaned back a little bit, "I'd do anything, for you, John, anything..."

"