2. The Passionate Captain.

Passionate. No word describes Virat Kohli better. His passion for cricket has made him one of the best batsmen in the world across formats, and has also helped him grow into a ruthless captain. It's also passion that defines Kohli's emotional, effervescent and at times firecracker character. Virat Kohli does not hold back and that remains his strength.

Kohli approaches 30 as the most relentless and popular performer in the sport. He is already a World Cup winner (2011), the Player of the tournament at a World T20 (2014) and has led India to a record eight consecutive Test series wins. Purely as a batsman he is already close to the summit: by his 29th birthday he had more ODI hundreds (32) than anyone apart from Sachin Tendulkar (49), and averages 49 or better in all three formats. He is the only batsman to have achieved this feat.

He is widely considered to be one of the four great batsmen of his era, the others being Australia's Steven Smith, England's Joe Root and New Zealand's Kane Williamson.

Virat currently captains the India national team. A right-handed batsman, often regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world, Kohli is ranked as one of world's most famous athletes by ESPN and one of the most valuable athlete brands by Forbes. He plays for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and has been the team's captain since 2013.

However, Virat Kohli is so much more than just a player – he's a feminist. Kohli's views on feminism and women have always been positive, and inspiring. He is one celebrity who realises the potential of his influence and uses it propagate feminism and to end rape culture.

Apart from that, he founded the Virat Kohli Foundation in 2013. The organisation aims at helping the underprivileged kids and elderly people. The recently organized charity football match which was played between Indian cricketers and Bollywood actors was also an initiative to gather funds for the causes which the Virat Kohli Foundation supports.

The meeting which was to be taken place today between Virat and Rajiv Sharma, the owner of the NGO named Reborn was planned by Virat's manager Rohan. Their main motive behind organising the meeting was to discuss more on how to create awareness, seek support and raise funds for the various causes that they endorse and the philanthropic work they engage themselves in. Reborn was one among the few selected NGOs that the Virat Kohli Foundation has collaborated with.

Virat was on his way back to home after a rigorous practice session for the upcoming series against South Africa when he received a call from Rohan. If it would have been somebody else instead of Rohan, Virat would have dodged the phone call without thinking much. But, as it was Rohan who was calling him, he didn't have a choice. He has to recieve the call and so he did.

"Hey! Rohan. Anything important?" Virat asked Rohan directly.
He was too tired to exchange niceties.

"Well yeah. I have a small reminder for you." Rohan said in a apologetic tone.

He knew that Virat was tired but what could he do. It was Virat himself who had agreed for the meeting.

"I still remember. I am on my way to Reborn." Virat said like a sulking kid. Rohan laughed. Virat was a 29 years old kid.

"Awww mela Vir ko guttha aa raha hai." Rohan teased Virat.

He might be his manager but he was also his best friend.

"Shut up Rohan. And I want a pizza and a coke. It's my cheat meal day. Order it for me. I will have it once I go home." Virat said.

After whole day's hard work, he deserved it atleast.

"Roger that sir." Rohan agreed.

After talking about a few more things, Virat hang up the call with Rohan.

It was a 20 minutes drive to Reborn. Having nothing else to do in the car, Virat started scrolling through the list of contacts on his phone. It was then that he saw his ex girlfriend Ileana's number on it.

It's been a year since they broke up but Virat hasn't been able to make up his mind to delete it.

How could he?

They were in a relationship for three years before they broke up and she moved on with a photographer named Andrew Kneebone.

Now, although they are not together anymore, he cannot totally ignore the fact that she had influenced him in ways he could never imagine. She was the one who had first made him to experience  the joy of helping others by  taking him to an old age home. It was she who had taught him to stand up for women. He stood up for Ileana when she was receiving all the hate from his fans after they had broken up.

Virat sighed and looked out of the tinted windows of his car. It was dusk.

As the car made its way to Reborn in a certain speed while leaving some cars behind, there were certain other cars which overtook the one that Virat was in. Virat smiled inwardly when he realised about the irony of life.

Life was meant to be like this always. Just like cars, people are always in motion. Life must go on for people no matter what. Just like cars which overtake other cars when the need arises, people leave behind other people in life who mattered to them once.

The same thing happened with Virat. Ileana stayed with Virat till she thought it was needed. Once the need was over, she left him. He never knew what was his fault. She didn't offer him any reason.

Things have changed for good now. Virat has become a better human. He cares about other people more than himself.

But, as people say, when we lose something which was once dear to us, we lose a part of us. That day, when Ileana left, Virat lost his ability to trust people. No matter how much does he try, he cannot simply trust anyone.

"Virat sir, we're here." The driver announced.

With that announcement from the driver, Virag's train of thoughts came to a stop. He smiled at the driver and nodded.

"Thanks Ravi." Virat said.

"No problem sir. It's my duty."

"You come and pick me up after two hours. Okay?"

"Sure sir."

Virat got out of the car and  waved at his driver Ravi as he went away.

He then turned towards the two-storeyed building of Reborn which stood before him.

"Chal beta. You've to do this." Virat said to himself before he entered the premises of the building.

The girl who was sitting on one of the benches of the garden looked at the new guest as he entered. She couldn't recognise that the new guest who entered the premises few minutes back was Virat Kohli. He was the same celebrity about whom Sister Mariah had said to her.

Well how could Anushka recognise him anyways?

Its been so many years since she watched TV. The last time she watched TV was when the news about her rapists being released from the jail was being telecasted.

Anushka sighed and got up from the bench. She was the one who was assigned with the duty of greeting the guest.

"Chalo Nushkie. You've a lot of work to do." Anushka said to herself as she walked towards Virat.

Virat and Anushka are going to meet.
Did you like the chapter?
Let me know your views.
Vote and comment.