8. Changing

The moment Anushka reached her room, she went straight into the bathroom to take a shower. It had been a tiring day for her. Once she was inside, she discarded her clothes and turned on the faucet, thereby enjoying the feeling of the cold water gushing down through her body and her mind getting relaxed automatically. She found herself smiling a bit as she thought about her meeting with Virat. She was happy because Virat has decided to help them. Although, she was initially doubtful about whether Virat will support Reborn or not, all her doubts were cleared later on when Virat agreed to help them. He is indeed a wonderful human being. Her thoughts then moved further to how Virat behaved like a gentleman with her throughout the meeting. He had even come for her aid when she didn't like the waiter. All those little things made Anushka to smile more. She realised that maybe she could trust Virat.

Anushka was still in the shower when she heard her phone ringing. She knew that it would be Rajiv who must have been calling her. That's why, she didn't waste any time more. She quickly turned off the faucet, wore the bathrobe that was hanging on the hanger and came out of the bathroom, but not before dumping her dirty clothes in the laundry basket.

Her phone was still ringing by the time she came out of the shower. She immediately walked up to her bedside table and grabbed her phone. She checked the caller ID and saw an unknown number flashing on the screen. After debating in her mind for a minute about whether she should receive the call or not, she received it finally when the phone rang for the fourth time.

"Hello!" Anushka greeted the person.

"Hey Anushka! I am Rajiv." Rajiv said. Anushka let out the breathe which she was holding onto until now.

"I am sorry for calling you now. I wanted to know about the meeting. Did Virat agree to help us?" Rajiv enquired.

"Yes sir, he has agreed. In fact, he also has a solution for us. " Anushka said. She wasn't sure about how Rajiv would react to the idea Virat has suggested.

"And what is the solution that he has suggested?" Rajiv asked. He was happy that the meeting was a fruitful one.

"Virat has suggested two solutions. One, he could either buy Reborn and two, he can shift Reborn to some property of his." Anushka informed Rajiv.

"Okay. Thank you Anushka. I will decide and talk with Virat about what we should do."

"Sure sir. Sir, can I suggest you something if you don't mind?" Anushka asked this time. Suddenly, a thought came across her mind.

"Yeah Anushka."

"Sir, if possible, can you please choose the second option?" Anushka asked again.

"Why?" Rajiv counter-questioned. He was confused about why Anushka was making such requests.

"Sir, if Virat buys Reborn then Raghuvir and Raghavendra might hold grudges against him. I don't want that sir. Virat has come out to help us on his own will. I don't want him to get into any kind of trouble for us." Anushka tried explaining it to her. She just hoped that Rajiv would understand it.

"You're right Anushka. We can't take the risk of getting Virat into trouble. I will do as you say." Rajiv agreed. Virat was a friend of his afterall.

"Thank you sir." Anushka thanked him and ended the call.

Anushka was about to keep her phone  back on the table when it started ringing again. She checked the caller ID and saw Virat's name being displayed. A smile came on her face automatically.

"Hey!" Anushka greeted Virat.

"Hey!" Virat greeted back.

"What's up with you?" Virat asked.

"Ummm nothing much. Rajiv sir had called. He asked about our meeting. I discussed with him about the solutions that you came up with." Anushka said.

"What did he say then?" He asked again.

"Ugh! I.. I mean he thinks that that the second option would be better. It'd be better if we shift Reborn to some property that you own." Anushka cursed himself for being so careless. She didn't want to let him know that it was she who persuaded Rajiv to choose the second option.

"Why so?" Virat questioned. He knew the answer already but still he asked her. He was liking it how she was talking freely with him.

"Because we don't want you to get into any trouble Virat." Anushka answered.

"We as in who?" Virat continued to question.

"We as in me and Rajiv sir." Anushka answered. By now, even she knew that Virat was trying to tease her.

"So it means you care about me?" Virat questioned yet again.

"Ofcourse I- I mean we do." Anushka stuttered.

"Hmmm... Then it's okay. I will discuss about the rest with Rajiv." Virat said. Anushka let out a sigh. She thanked her stars for not letting Virat to come up with another question again.

"Soooo what are you going to do tomorrow?" Virat asked.

"I have some work that Rajiv sir had left for me. After that I will stay in my room itself and watch some movie or series." Anushka said. She was not able to understand why Virat  was asking that question all of a sudden.

"Great then. We will meet in the evening tomorrow. I have to discuss something more with you regarding Reborn." Virat said. Well, that was a lie that he told. He didn't have anything more to discuss about Reborn with her. He just wanted to meet her and he knew that Anushka wouldn't have agreed to meet him casually. That's why he lied about meeting her on the pretext of work involving Reborn.

"Ugh okay. So at what time are we going to meet?" Anushka asked being unsure.

"At 6pm. I will pick you up. And about the venue, we will discuss about it later." Virat said.

"Okay." Anushka agreed.

The two of them then continued to talk for sometime more before they ended the call. Anushka was happy about the fact she could talk to Virat more freely now. She thought that that maybe they could be friends.

After that horrific incident had happened with her, Anushka almost withdrew herself from talking with anyone. She didn't talk with anybody except for Sister Mariah, Rajiv and some other people of Reborn. Now, since Virat has entered her life, she could feel that her life was changing for the better. She could feel that there was no kind of hesitation between them now like it used to be there when they had met first.

With the thoughts of Virat still lingering in her mind, Anushka busied herself in doing the pending work. At first, she got changed into a casual t-shirt with a pair of cotton shorts. She then tied up her hair in a messy bun. She had to clean her room and arrange her wardrobe. So, in order to save herself from getting bored by doing all that work, she played the Prateek Kuhad playlist on her phone. Listening to those songs, she started cleaning her room.

Today, somehow the songs sounded more melodious and beautiful to Anushka's ears. She could feel the songs touching her soul and she liked the feeling of it. She was so engrossed in listening to those songs that she didn't even realise when she was done with all the work.
Indeed the things were changing...

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the late update. I hope you like this chapter. Vote and comment please