one

Hey there everyone! Happy new year, happy new reading!

Start 2018 with some old-school PTX and Mavi, as promised. These little fun one-shots are not at all serious. The era is 2013 onwards, and the young bandmates all spend a lot of time together, flirting on twitter and getting to know each other better.

Mitch reaches out for the first time, but can he open up?

Scott had been at the recording studio since lunchtime working on a new collaboration, and Mitch was home alone. He felt restless and bored. Craving company, he decided to see if Avi was around. He texted and without waiting for a reply got in his car and drove over. 

He kept his finger on the bell till Avi opened the door, a slight frown on his face.

"What the hell- oh, okay, you came over anyway, huh?"

"Of course, do I really need an invitation to see my favourite man in the world?"

At this, Avi smiled and waved him inside. "Well, at the moment anyway. Has Scott deserted you again?"

Mitch waved his hand and said lightly, "We aren't joined at the hip you know. He has stuff to do, and I am glad to hang out here and keep you company. You should offer me a drink, what kind of a host are you anyway?" He sat down on the couch. He ignored the slightly raised eyebrow and the pause before Avi answered.

"All right, but what would you like? I haven't eaten yet and I don't think there's much in the fridge. In fact I know there isn't. We could order in, watch a movie maybe."

Mitch clapped his hands and looked as if this was the best idea ever.

"Sounds fabulous sweetie, as long as I get to choose."

After looking over a selection of menus and changing his mind a couple of times, Mitch finally made a choice. Avi's decision was easy; barbecue always looked good. 

When Avi returned from paying the delivery man, he found most of his modest supply of alcohol already lined up on the table. He looked questioningly at Mitch, who waved a hand at him again.

"Don't be boring. I see you haven't restocked yet, but this will just have to do for now. At least there is some Chardonnay left, I'll start with that."

Avi decided not to argue but simply went to the kitchen and returned with a wine glass and a cold beer.

"Correct answer! Let's get started, I'm starving."

They made short work of the food, Avi sipping his beer as he watched the other empty his glass of wine and refill immediately.

'Mitch. Everything OK?'

Mitch did not take his eyes off his plate. "Everything is just delicious thank you. What movie shall we watch? No dragons or elves, I beg you."

"No musicals either then. Let's see what's on." Avi scrolled through the movie channels on TV, but they could not agree on anything. Finally, irritated, he handed the remote to Mitch, who smiled happily before picking a movie with Nicole Kidman.