seven

Hello lovelies! Happy whatever day of the week it is for you. It's Monday for me and time to post again.

The first part of this is quite poignant... but was written a while ago. I like to think the feelings expressed are still true.

This was originally two chapters but it works better as one long one... enjoy.

The holiday season was over, and the group met up again along with friends. The rest and separation always did them good, giving them much needed breathing space before beginning work and the claustrophobic world of bus life. Mitch was part of a group listening to Scott. He was telling a story about their trip to the waterfall in Fiji, and had everyone laughing. Mitch spotted Avi sitting alone on the sofa and decided to have a chat with him. This was the first opportunity since their trips to various parts of the globe, to talk with him on his own. It was easy to slip away while Scott had the floor.

Mitch had hundreds of photos of his trip, but he knew Avi would have a couple of landscapes and maybe one sunrise or sunset at best. He'd have to find another way to start the conversation. He put his phone in his pocket and sat in the middle of the sofa. After exchanging greetings Mitch cleared his throat and began.

"So, Avi. We're always messing around, right? On twitter and livestreams, flirting shamelessly as someone put it."

'Sure, it's fun and the fans love it. All those Mavi shippers." Avi scrolled on his phone, and Mitch went on.

"Some of them love it too much though, they want it to be real. You should see some of the fanfiction."

"No thanks. I tweet and you tweet back, no harm in that, is there?"

"Yeah, yeah. I was kind of wondering though."

"Wondering about what?"

"What you really think about me. I mean, you keep your cards pretty close to your chest."

"Not where you're concerned. I love you, simple as that." He glanced up at Mitch with a small smile. Mitch was amazed that the words fell so easily from his lips. Anxiety still gripped his heart, though he tried to keep his tone light.

"Is it? Simple as that?"

"You're easy to love. You're amazing. I thought you knew."

"Mommy gets insecure sometimes, like we all do."

"No need to be. I'm always here for you, you know that."

"I know, but then sometimes, I don't know. I get worried that things are changing so fast, and we'll change with them and grow apart." Mitch laced his fingers together and kept his hands still with an effort.