#16 Partners in Crime

"I will fight with you" You said lifting your chin to catch his eyes in despair. He had lost all of his troopers and the resistance soldiers were closing in.

"If we don't live through this I wanted to tell you something" he said looking down at you sadly.

"save it" you shouted

he looked at you confusingly as he followed your line of sight. 

"we've got company" You nodded about 100 feet down the the tree line. He ignited his saber and looked to you as assurance

"We've got this, just like old times" You smiled.

You were both blocking shots and covering each other when needed completely obliterating your enemies.

"This is just like the shoot out in Tatooine" Kylo shouted in the midst of a saber war.

"You and I have very different memories of what happened on Tatooine" you joked while slicing 3 people in half. 

You two went on to fight the entire resistance force the was sent your way. It was a battle with heavy artillery and tons of fatalities. You were practically unharmed except for a few scratches which you couldn't even feel. But Kylo was pretty beat up after 4 men took him on at the same time to try to take him down. He had been hit in the back of the head with a rock and knocked to the ground. But you had killed all of the men who tag teamed on him without second thought.

With Kylo's injury you were helping him walk back to the ship and he was rambling on about all of the issues with the First order.

You opened the lift and brought him in, laying him in the back on a table trying to make him more comfortable, and avoiding making him worse than he already was. You pulled out a syringe filling it with a drug for pain.

"This is going to hurt" you warned him.

"what?" He questioned looking to your face.

"Ahh the hell was that" He yelled and you shot him a glare of disapproval so he controlled his temper. 

"Can I have my thigh back please." You said due to his grip from you giving him the syringe.

"oh sorry" he said when releasing his hand to see a handprint left on your leg from his grip. He looked to his left and grabbed an ice pack holding it on your leg to keep it from bruising. You were reaching to take it off but he kept his hand where it was with the ice in place. 

"Its fine" You assured giving him a small smile.

"you know I don't know why we even have Hux when we have you." Kylo said keeping his gaze on our thigh. But you lifted your head as for him to continue his statement.

"You are so much warmer than he is" Kylo continued. 

You gave him a funny look and glanced back to the captain who was surprised as to Kylo's outburst of honesty.

"Don't mind him, Its the drugs I assure you" you replied.

The pilot laughed.

"If I may say so myself,  he's right Miss. I enjoy your company far more than any other first order worker. As for him I don't think its just the drugs" The pilot added in.

Truth is a lot of the order did like you more than Hux. The difference between you and Hux was that you actually did things while he just told people to do things. If someone asked Hux what he had accomplished for the Order he wouldn't have a single truthful answer while you would have far too many to list. Although, you weren't the person to brag about deeds you had done. That was another reason people liked you, you were carefree and actually nice which is extremely hard to find in the order unless your paid to do so and even then its still a stretch.

You looked back to Kylo who had fallen asleep from the drug you had given him and lightly brushed hair from his forehead. The ice on your leg was getting cold and you braced his hand which was still on your leg with the ice pack in place. Lifting his hand up slightly you heard Kylo mumble

"Leave it." As his hand steadied again in perfect position of where his handprint had been while keeping his eyes shut.

"You should get some sleep, its a long ride" you replied calmly and quietly. 

"Oh I will and Don't even think about moving that ice pack again Y/N" He replied.

"Wouldn't dream of it" You replied leaning back on the wall beside you, so that both you and Kylo could rest until back at base.