#48 Sad Trainee

Synopsis: you are training under Kylo and the loss of your father sets off power in you through your sadness and pain as kylo tries to help you in your unstable state.

You stood in the center of the training room, something felt wrong. No, something was missing from inside of you. But it was difficult to figure out what it was. You felt pain, and loss it overflowed through your mind and body like a tsunami.

As the door swung back and forth the rest of her peers had left but she still stood in the center, unmoving and unable to move.

Kylo stood at the door watching his force sensitive trainees scatter along the halls. Kylo's hand dropped from the door turning to face her stiff body. His brow instantly in a confused position. Kylo stepped closer slowly walking along the edge of the steel wall. He was curious why had she stayed behind.

Her eyes were stuck on the floor as she heard cries and screams. Something terribly wrong had happened something she felt she couldn't undo. Her mind was becoming too heavy as the pain consumed her it filled every crack and crevice of her mind and limbs. It was paralyzing.

Kylo inched closer, he sensed her distress taking larger strides around the room now. Her breathing picked up closing her eyes her hands shaking from the thoughts. It was getting harder to breathe as she attempted to slow her breathing it only got worse.

Kylo took note of her hands as he was now a few steps from standing in front of her but she hadn't seen him yet. He stepped closer he could feel the sadness and the pain it surrounded her like some sort of mist covering her whole body.

Kylo had never seen ____ in pain, she was a strong individual and trusted no one but herself. ____ hadn't given herself fully to darkness yet though and Kylo felt that even as the Supreme Leader he had no control over her. Kylo wanted a bond with her but he had never had an opportunity to counsel her because she kept to herself so often. Kylo wanted nothing else but to have a strong connection with the quiet girl because she reminded him of himself. If she could trust in him unlike his bond with his previous master then Kylo could finally have an apprentice at his side one he could cherish.

Opening her heavy eyelids she knew the reason for the pain and it was heartbreaking. She crumbled to her knees at the realization. Her world fell and shattered to pieces, her father had died. As her knee caps hit the floor with a thud Kylo stepped closer quickly now standing above her as his head now adjusted downwards.

Her eyes began to water as tears spilled on the floor in a puddle near his black boot. Kylo stood calmly unaware of the cause but astounded that something could break her soul after watching the countless injuries and battles she had endured.

Kylo crouched down silently in front of her as she bowed her head to her chest and her hands held her stomach. He was afraid to speak but felt that he should make his presence known. She whimpered in a small squeaky voice. Kylo's heart fluttered a little as his heartbeat picked up at her sadness that was filling the room it surrounded her completely.

She saw images they were moving in slow motion as an image of her fathers face graced her eyes, she cried harder as his casket was covered in white roses. As it lowered into the ground she heard voices in the background. One was her mothers it was small and grief-stricken but others were near. Arguments broke out in a new room full of charts and graphs from the conversation she could gather he hadn't taken a day off in months and had likely worked himself to death unable to take care of his health.

Kylo watched as some form of realization took over her face and the tears came to a sudden halt. He thought that this might be his only chance that she might hear him trying to tell her any kind of sense.

The sadness began to drain from the room as he studied her body language that was quickly changing. Sadness turned to anger in the snap of a finger.

She glared down at the floor completely still. As a creaking sound began in the roof. Kylo looked up quickly as a crack at least 2 inches in diameter moved slowly along the roof and then down the hall.

Darkness became her. Kylo quickly looked back at her as her eyebrows were scrunched together  and her eyes a darker shade of their usual light colour. The crack lined the entire roof now splitting it down the center until it reached the connecting wall.

Then it stopped. Kylo's eyes darted back to ____ as he stared intensely at her unstable figure. Kylo reached his hand out to touch her shoulder just short of it as he heard objects shaking. He reached his hand back shifting his head to look behind himself as every training tool in the room was shaking vigorously. Some even fell to the floor. Kylo drew his attention back to you without touching you however unsure of how that might affect.

"____," he spoke quietly wanting her attention. After no reply Kylo tested the waters as he reached slowly for her hand. Once kylo's hand touched yours the room stood still as all objects stopped moving. You couldn't help looking at his much larger hand now focused on the feel of it.

Kylo's hand was warm unlike the rest of his aura. He squeezed gently as she kept staring down at his hand. As the minutes passed Kylo sat patiently with all the time in the galaxy if that meant she would have a stable mind set. He would be there for you as he wished his last master would have been.

Kylo still was unaware of what was wrong but intended to find out. He rose his free hand to her forehead sifting gently through the images and feelings in the front of her mind. The image of her fathers face resonated again to the front and Kylo understood now. As tears traced down your cheeks again some fell on his hand drawing him out of your head.

Kylo took this as his opportunity to lead her into unconsciousness. As her body began to lean toward the ground he guided her into his arms. As he rested her head in his lap, he glanced back up at the roof you'd destroyed.

"You're stronger than you realise ____ but the loss of a parent can tear us down, I would know," hugging her closer to his body.