one - 'say you wont let go'

say you won't let go by james arthur

-

orphanages are something that society has taken and thrown entirely out of proportion. they aren't always these massive buildings with thousands of miserable kids thrown in the second their parents are stripped from their lives. no, in fact, there are some orphanages with less than ten kids, and it just so happens that luke and ashton are two of them.

luke had been in the system since he was a toddler, his father left his mum before he was born and his mother died when he was four. in those years he was staying at the place, no one had ever really shown any interest in him. it wasn't that they didn't like him, because to be fair, the people who came in were only their for a little less than hour and in that time it's impossible to tell if you truly like someone. unfortunately, the one aspect that adopters didn't like was his minimal speaking ability, but being in a home for twelve years made luke very picky on who he talked to. ashton was one of the only people he really liked.

in fact, it could easily be said that luke and ashton were dating, but because of a rule the home had, they were simply really, really good friends. ashton had only been in the system for eight years, living his first seven with his biological family. tragic accidents happened and none of his extended family really wanted to take care of a seven-year-old. ashton was mentally older than luke, meaning he was usually the one who helped luke out with things when he needed it. (ashton chalked it up to being becausehe had been with his real family longer than luke)

the two were inseparable and trying to get the pair apart always seemed like a struggle. they were conjoined at the hips and everywhere ashton went, luke was bound to be close behind if not already next to him. it wasnt a bad thing, ashton was able to protect lukes more fragile frame and luke was always there if ashton needed cheering up.

ashton and luke were going to be together forever.

-

my spotify playlist for this book:

 https://open.spotify.com/user/mariyaortiz/playlist/3RPEXbftcQDT6X5pVHhf8l