twenty/epilogue - 'people help the people'

song for the chapter - people help the people by birdy

-

for two months after luke passed, ashton visited luke's grave everyday. he cancelled plans and refused to go anywhere after school. luke was his afternoon plan. after a while though, he realized that he was missing out on his life. luke would want him to go and live, so he did. he started only visiting luke on sundays, allowing himself to get a week full of stories to share with the boy.

ashton still had two years left of school, sophomore year almost over. he still wasn't sure how he was going to do two more years of schooling without luke to help him. anytime he had math homework to do, he would only do it sitting with luke. even if luke wasn't there to help, ashton swore it helped to sit there and do it.

saturdays were the hardest for ashton, especially now that he was living back at the home. his 'parents' had requested he be put back in the system to which ashton had no hesitation. saturdays were the days he and luke would watch movies together after doing their chores for the week. now ashton sat in his room, watching all of the movies luke had loved. this tradition of watching movies was something luke loved, and ashton wasn't planning on stopping it anytime soon.

ashton had grown to like talking to luke about his feelings. he did it when luke was alive, and even if luke can't help him anymore, he still finds much comfort in talking to him about every little detail in his life. luke was, and is, the first person he goes to about anything going on his life.

ashton will sometimes read the note luke left him while visiting luke. reading it made him feel a little bit better. luke went into detail about why he wanted to go, and how ashton should not blame himself. it felt so much better for ashton to know that it wasn't entirely his fault. luke was just a broken boy who shattered when ashton left him

ashton wanted nothing more than for luke to be back in his arms once again. but luke was somewhere where no one would ever hurt him again, and ashton couldn't get mad at that. he wanted what was best for luke, and he knows that the love of his life is safe, wherever he was.

{the end}

[luke's letter is in the next part :)]