eleven - 'lay me down'

song for the chapter - lay me down by sam smith

-

ashton was woken up by a gentle nudge on his shoulder, and he slowly blinked his eyes open to be met by luke, who looked like he was shaking. ashton sat up and gave him a concerned look, but luke rushed out of the room and back into his before he could ask the blonde if he was alright. ashton sighed and looked at the time. 6:30 am. groaning, he sat up and pulled a pair of black jeans from the floor and threw them on, along with a black sweater. 

he walked over to the kitchen, passing luke's door and laying his hand on it. he contemplated opening to see the boy, just to make sure he was okay, but decided against it and continued walking. when he reached the kitchen he grabbed a banana fro the fruit basket and walked out the front door to sit on the front steps.

the bus didn't come until seven o'clock, so he still had time to go back in and fix his hair and brush his teeth before heading to school. but right now he figured he would sit and think while getting some fresh air. he saw a few kids from down the street pass while walking to the bus stop early. he wishes he could do that, just leave early. maybe at his new school, he'll be able to. he shook those thoughts out of his head and sighed, feeling tears fill his eyes for the thousandth time in the last eight hours. this was probably his last day of school with luke and he was spending it by being mad at the boy.

he stood up and walked back into the house, seeing that luke was sitting in the kitchen slowly eating an orange. he didn't look like he was enjoying it very much, james probably forced him to eat it. ashton walked over and looked around before wrapping his arms around luke. the blonde froze, not knowing who it was, but when he realized his pushed ashton off.

'i'm sorry babe, i was just angry at something' ashton whispered as to not let anyone but luke hear him. luke sighed and turned around to see ashton. he glanced at the boys featured for a moment, making ashton slightly uncomfortable. 'i just wanted to talk to you, ashton' luke turned back around and continued eating his orange. ashton wasn't having this, not when it was his last day with luke. he spun luke back around and pulled him up, bringing him to his room despite luke telling him to just stop.

'i'm sorry luke. i need to have a good day and having you mad at me is making me really upset please don't be mad at me.' ashton begged luke, and the blonde sighed, his eyes softening. he looked down at ashton before placing his lips on the younger boy's. 'i'm not mad, i just, i was having a bad day and i wanted to talk to you and you yelled at me. i went to my room and i didn't know why you were so mad at me.' ashton almost cried because god, he could never be mad at luke. he loved luke with everything in him. 

'baby, i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to make you feel that way. i love you so much, luke hemmings. and you should have just screamed at me to listen' luke let his lips curl into a small smile that made ashton fall more in love with him. 

'everyone, the bus is here. let's go!' james yelled. ashton quickly gave luke a kiss on the cheek before quickly leaving to catch the bus with luke not far behind, still feeling ashton's lips against his own. 

-

[the book is going to get really sad really soon and there will be a couple of trigger warnings, i just want everyone to know ahead of time so no one yells at me]