luke's letter

luke's letter

-

i'm sorry. i don't know what else to say, ashton. this is the last time i let someone i love hurt me. and i know you didn't mean to. you aren't like that. i don't think you are. i'm assuming you're reading this because i'm gone. i'm sorry for that too. this probably hurt you more than you hurt me, but i can't take the constant voices telling me you are never coming back. i hope this doesn't hurt you too much. i just want you to know that none of this is your fault. i was so sad, ashy, and you always helped ease the pain. when you left, i just didn't know what to do. i love you so much. i know you are probably reading this after the funeral. i hope they have one.

i'm so very sorry ashton, i can't stop crying as i'm writing this. i just want to be free, i don't want to be here anymore. i need to be happy, and wherever i go after i die, i'll be happy.

please don't cry too much, i hate to see you cry and i don't want you to cry over me. i'm going to be so happy, ashton. so, so happy.

please keep all of our traditions. watch mean girls once a month. eat any and all candy you can find. just know that i'll be watching you. and i'll be waiting for you. please live a long life. marry a wonderful man and be so happy. find a man who knows cares about you so much. you deserve all the love in the world, baby. i love you.

at the bottom of the page, in large, scribbly writing was a little extra note that luke wrote after he had already taken the pills.

thank you for coming back ashy. i'm sorry.