nine - 'stay'

song for the chapter - stay by rihanna

-

luke woke up, well more like sat up in bed. he didn't sleep very well that night, considering he had basically fucked his chances of getting adopted. but he couldn't find the courage to speak up. he probably disappointed ashton and james so much, just the thought of it made him want to cry.

luke laid back down in his bed, pulling the blankets up over his head as he tried calming himself down. were they really goung to adopt him anyway? probably not, luke thought, no one had wanted to adopt him for the last twelve years anyway.

ashton was sitting in his room, reorganizing it because he was bored. he figured that luke needed a little time for himself, considering the events of the day before. to anyone else, it wouldn't be that big of a deal but to luke, getting adopted was something he dreamt about. it was something everyone in the house really wanted, but luke a little more than them, maybe because he knew it wasn't going to happen.

ashton was pulled from his thoughts when a knock wa sheard at his door. he assumed it was james or someone, so he yelled that the door was open, but luke walked in, hugging himself and plopping down on the floor near the door.

'ashton, i messed everything up. i just, i panicked and i'm sorry' ashton sighed and walked over and pulled luke up off the ground, wrapping his arms around him. luke sighed and rested his head on ashton's chest.

'maybe they will adopt us both' ashton pulled away from luke and looked into his eyes, seeing a small bit of hope, and it scared ashton a little bit. he hadn't seen that look of hope for years, the last time luke almost got adopted. his eyes still had a tiny bit of tears

'yea, baby, maybe' but deep down ashton knew that was never going to happen. there was no way a couple wanted two teenage boys and he feels bad that luke can't see that.

-

kind of a short one but prepare the tissues also two updates within a few days oops