✩ twєlvє ✩

✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ sᴛᴀʀᴛs ᴛᴏ ʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ

KATE Oswald - trembling, stray hairs sticking to the tear stains on her cheeks, staring at a patch of dirt on the ground - sits just beside where she lost her best friend. The three other people in the room are trying to figure out what just happened and why, but she's too busy trying to figure out how she's going to tell Rory that Amy's gone.

She's gone.

She's gone.

She's gone.

The words ring in her ears.

The Doctor paces in front of her, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. She can see his feet moving in her line of sight but she doesn't take any notice. She doesn't pay attention to anything. All she can focus on is how her best friend is gone.

She doesn't know what she's going to do without her best friend, the person she's lived with for years now. Amy Pond is everything to her, she's her life, her soul, her ties to Earth and with Amy gone, now Kate has nothing. Sure, she's got Rory, but is he really going to stick around now that the love of his life has disappeared. Amy brought them together. Amy brings so many people together.

"'Scuse me, I'm making perfect sense, you're just not keeping up!" she hears the Doctor snap at the scientists standing with them. Kate looks up. Her eyes sting, the corners of her vision are still blurred, her throat hurts, her head is spinning, but she stays at the Doctor and she lets out a sigh.

"They won't get it," she manages to croak out. The Doctor's head snaps over to her. He looks hurt. She can't help but think it's because they've just lost Amy.

If only she knew the Doctor's real feelings.

"The earth," he goes on to explain because even though Kate's eyes have drained of all life, they're still telling him that he needs to be better. That he is better. "The ground beneath our feet was bio-programmed to attack."

"Yeah, even if that were possible, which, by the way, it's not, why?" asks Nasreen. Kate glances over at her, wanting to shout and scream. Nobody ever listens to the Doctor at first and she doesn't get why. She's just watched her best friend be swallowed up by the ground. And yet, this scientist doesn't believe anything. Scientists never do at first.