✩ тωєиту єιgнт ✩

✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩

sᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴋᴀᴛᴇ sneaks out of the TARDIS behind the Doctor - who's wearing a new black suit, much to her pleasure - and leans against it, watching River song try on clothes that certainly don't belong to her while her best friend stands and watches, face pulled into an emotionless expression. There's something wrong with Amy Pond.

"You killed the Doctor," says Amy, moving to stand beside the mirror. Her moves are clearly mechanical. She hardly sounds like herself. Kate tries to lean further off the TARDIS, wanting to get a better look, but the Doctor's hand wraps around her waist, keeping her firmly in place. He sends her a warning look. No moving, no talking. "On the orders of the movement known as the Silence and Academy of the Question. You accept and know this to be true."

That definitely is not Amy. She isn't entirely sure who it is, but it looks exactly like her best friend. It can't be another Ganger, she's not so sure she could cope with seeing them again, bringing back the memories of losing Amy before.

"Quite honestly, I don't really remember. It was all a bit of a jumble."

Kate can't stop the gasp that tumbles from her lips when she watches the duplicate of her best friend push aside the mirror and capture River Song in a stream of blue light. Her hand has found a permanent spot on her heart, clutching at the spot in shock.

"Sorry?" calls out the Doctor from where he leans on the TARDIS beside Kate, arm sitting above her head, twirling his new cane in his hand. "Did you say she killed the Doctor?" The fake Amy stops whatever she was doing to River, both women turning to face the two leaning against the time machine. Kate can't keep the smirk off her lips.

"Doctor who?"

"You're dying," calls out River, eyes narrowing at the Doctor in his brand new suit. Kate still wears her tartan skirt, not agreeing with the need to have a new set of clothes for saving anybody. "And you stopped to change?"

"Ah, you should always waste time when you don't have any," he sings, sweeping down the stairs, cane twirling in his hands. "Miss Kate, what is rule number four-oh-eight!"

"Uh," she trails off, following behind him at a leisurely place until the memory of his rules come flooding back to her, "time is not the boss of you?"