✩ tєn ✩

✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩

ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴠᴇɴᴇᴛɪᴀɴs

ɢᴜɪᴅᴏ pushes the four of them down the water in a gondola. It almost seems to Kate that everyone owns a gondola in Venice, which she supposes is true because there's so much water. And it's really dark, and kind of cold, so Kate's sitting as close to the Doctor as possible while Rory sits up front holding the flaming torch.

"We're here," Guido tells them, coming to a stop beside the gate. The Doctor helps Kate off of the boat before Rory follows them too.

"Right, okay," the Doctor starts as they leave Guido behind in the boat for their getaway. It's like a getaway car for a big robbery. But a boat. "I'll go first. If anything happens to me, go back--"

"What happened?" interrupts Rory as he follows behind Kate and the Doctor up the stairs. "Between you and Amy? You said she kissed you!"

"Now? You want to do this now?"

"I have a right to know! I'm getting married in 430 years."

"Yeah, well all you need to know is that she kissed him right before your wedding day. Oh wait, we still don't know how that happened!"

"Kate, not now!"

"Just tell us what happened," Rory demands as they make their way through the dark hallways, their only light coming from the flaming torch in front of them.

"She was frightened, I was frightened--"

"I was scared too!"

"But we survived, and the relief of it. And so she kissed me."

"And you kissed her back?"

"No. I kissed her mouth."

"Oh shut up!" Kate snaps.

"That was meant to be funny... to ease the tension, I--oh nevermind. Rory, she kissed me because I was there. It would have been you. It should have been you."

"Yeah, it should have been me."

"Exactly. That's why I brought you here!" The wind howls and out goes their only source of light, causing Kate to jump. Her hand shoots out and wraps around the closest hand she can find - it belongs to the Doctor, she can tell because she's held it so much - before she can begin to shake. "Can we go and see the vampires, now?