✩ nínє ✩

✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩

ᴀ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜɪᴏɴᴇss ɪɴ ᴊᴇᴀɴs

ᴋᴀᴛᴇ flips through a magazine as she sits on the armchair near the console, not even looking at her best friend. She's still mad at her. They battled these machines called Daleks - apparently, they're the bane of the Doctor's entire existence - in World War Two London and Kate almost died - yes! died! - and then they had to fight these evil stone statues called Weeping Angels which almost killed Amy. And despite all this, and despite the wedding dress hanging from her wardrobe door, and despite the fact that they ALMOST BLOODY DIED(!!!!) all Amy seems to want to do is snog the bloody Doctor.

So, Kate is mad at her. Kate is mad at her best friend because they almost died and instead of celebrating the fact that they're still alive in a normal manner - which means getting drunk and maybe even getting married, like one of them is supposed to do - she decides to kiss the man they're travelling the universe with. Therefore making it very awkward. And therefore making Kate very mad.

"You can keep being mad at me all you like, but come on, don't you think it's at least a little hilarious that the Doctor's going to pop right out of Rory's cake."

Kate wishes she could say no, but even the thought of the Doctor actually jumping out of a cake at Rory's stag do instead of a stripper almost makes her laugh out loud. But she forces herself to keep frowning and focuses on the magazine she had found in the TARDIS. It's an old Bazaar one from the 60's, but it's fun to read. Almost as fun as acting mad at Amy. Not that she has to act. She is mad.

"Oh, Kate please," pleads the Scottish girl, but before she can continue, the doors burst open and the Doctor comes skipping in, Rory trudging behind him looking confused. Kate glances up from her magazine just as the Doctor grabs a pair of goggles and slips underneath the console to fix some wires which had snapped when they had been landing.

"Hi, Ror," Amy mumbles out, face reddening with a pretty blush. Kate throws her magazine down and pushes herself to her feet. Amy deserves to be embarrassed, she thinks bitterly, kissing another guy the night before her wedding. But Kate knows why she feels so bitter.

If only it wasn't the Doctor.

"Hey, Rory, welcome on board," chirps out Kate, pushing past her best friend to pull a stunned Rory into a hug. He hugs Kate back tightly.