✩ єíght ✩

✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴇᴀsʏ

ᴋᴀᴛᴇ follows the half-smilers, half-humans into the ominously named Tower. She suspects that it could potentially be the Tower of London of Starship U.K, but it feels too dungeon-like to even be considered close to the Tower of London - which her parents had made her visit at least once a year growing up so as never to forget the Royal Family. Unfortunately for Keith and Annabelle Oswald, Kate has always been far more interested in space than literally anything else.

"Doctor, where are we?" Kate asks as she watches Amy lean over what looks like a manhole covering part of the beast's limbs. It almost looks like a scorpion tail. They had seen something similar on the way to Liz 10's room - which had been full of glasses of water - and it almost looked like an infestation. What was this beast doing in Starship U.K.

"The lowest point of Starship U.K, the dungeon." Kate looks over at him before allowing her eyes to trail around the dungeon. It doesn't look like the usual dungeon - there were no chains and manacles, just computers and men in lab coats and such.

"Ma'am!" calls out a voice.

"Hawthorne!" Kate watches the man walk up to the Queen, pulling back a black hood as he does so. He's older, his hair now silver in the dim lighting and his face weathered by lines of his aging years. He wears thin, round glasses too. Kate already feels her suspicions about this guy. "So this is where you hid yourself away. You've got some explaining to do."

"There's children down here," cuts in the Doctor, and Kate's head snaps over to the trail of children following after an official. Her heart lurches. Are they trying to feed children to this beast too? She absolutely will not stand for that. "What's that all about?"

The children trail past Kate and she reaches out a hand to ruffle the hair of a little ginger girl - she looks a little like a young Amy, it's quite nice - who smiles up at her at her touch and she can't help but grin back. She wonders if these children know about the dangers of their home.

"Protestors and citizens of limited value are fed to the beast. For some reason, it won't eat the children."

"Oh, wow," drawls out Kate, sarcastically, "what a very bad beast." She hears the Doctor let out a breath of laughter from beside her and she glances up at him, unable to keep the smirk from her lips.