17

And if I'm too young to know anything why do I know that I'm just not the same?

Two days had gone by since Ian got back to California. He was officially back at Smosh. Ian quickly covered for Noah and Mari being away, excusing them from work.

"Hey dude, are you okay?" Joshua asked, walking into the Squad room, which was currently empty.

"I'm fine," he mumbled. The older brunet frowned and sat on the couch, next to Ian.

"No you're not. Tell me what's wrong," Joshua said. Ian sighed and began to talk.

"I just - there was a connection between us - I feel - she likes me too, I can feel it," he explained. Joshua nodded, taking in all the information.

"Celina seems like a nice girl," he started, not exactly sure how to word his sentences.

"Then why did she tell me to stop? I put my heart out, and she stomped on it," Ian exclaimed, trying to stop the tears from forming. Joshua nodded once more, just wanting to be able to help take all the pain away.

"Maybe she was just looking out for you. Protecting you from getting your heart broken," he suggested.

"By breaking it in the process," he mumbled. Joshua sighed. He didn't know how to fix this or what to say.

"She did something stupid. You're a great guy, and she'd be lucky to have you!" Joshua said, trying to make Ian feel better. It didn't work. "Listen, maybe it was the whole age difference. Nine years can seem like a lot to some people. I mean, you were in high school when she started grade one!" Ian sighed.

"I guess you're right. It's just, she's so perfect. Her personality, her looks, everything!" He explained, "we clicked as soon as we spoke. Every couple has a flaw, or something odd, and for us, that's the age difference. But if girls her age can marry fifty year old men, then how come she couldn't date me?"

"Ian, I wish I could say more to help, but I'm completely clueless in this," Joshua said before standing up. "Just - it'll get better, I promise you that."

Celina was currently driving through Kansas/Colorado well everyone else was asleep. Noah woke up and moved his way into the passenger seat.

"Hey," he whispered, trying not to wake up Anthony and Mari.

"Hey," she whispered back. The two drove in silence. "Can I tell you something?" Celina asked. Noah nodded.

"You can tell me anything Cel, I'm one of your best friends!" He told her. She nodded and took a deep breath.

"Ian got me pregnant," Celina whispered even quieter then before. The Grossman's jaw dropped.

"And you told him you couldn't be with him! Ian would help you with this!" Noah exclaimed as quietly as he could.

"Let me finish," she hushed him. "I had a miscarriage." The young man's face dropped.

"Celina, I'm so sorry," he said. She pushed it off.

"It's not like I wanted a baby," Celina whispered, trying to hide her pain. Everything clicked in Noah's head.

"That's what your post was about. You lost your baby," he said. She nodded, switching lanes on the highway.

"It's just, no one would call me childish. I realized after the baby dying that I want a family. I want to settle down, but at the same time, I want to live and party," Celina told her friend. Noah nodded, understanding every word she was saying.

"I get that. I'm the same way," he said. She then realized that Noah was only a few months younger than her. He was young, like her, and wanted to live. But at the same time, he wanted love and a family.

"I just hope Ian understands all this."