Chapter 2

SPOILERS FOR NIGHTFALL

Sophie's POV:

Sophie was dimly aware of everything that was going on. She was pretty sure that Keefe had rescued her from the Neverseen, and she was now in one of the Black Swan's hideouts, being treated by Livvy.

Sophie couldn't seem to be able to talk. Her brain seemed to be going into rambling spirals, giving her weird and jumbled thoughts, so even if she was talking, Sophie was pretty sure it was just incoherent mumbling.

Sophie knew she couldn't rely too much on what she remembered, given the fact that she clearly had been drugged. Even though she was safe with the Black Swan, her drugged self was getting more and more panicked while worrying that she could never make it out of this state.

Suddenly, Sophie was aware that Mr. Forkle was in front of her. She wondered how long he'd been talking and trying to focus her confused thoughts to try to gather information on whatever had happened to her.
"...appears...thoughts and speech...likely to...unusual reaction...never before...drugs..."

Sophie sighed internally. What was the use of being a Telepath if she couldn't even focus enough to communicate with the one person who had a chance of understanding her?

Mr. Forkle switched to transmitting.
"Sophie, we don't know how long this will last."

"Will last. Willast. Illest. Ill."

"I am ill. The illest." Sophie's brain latched onto this word.

Illest.
Illest.
Illest.
Ill.
Will.
Will last.
William.

Now she was thinking about William Bradford. Hadn't he written the Mayflower contract? She remembered learning about him in school. The first thanksgiving. Historians found out that women and children weren't allowed to attend and their clothes didn't look how they did in pictures...

"Semi-responsive." Livvy said aloud, turning as though she was going to walk away from Sophie.

Mr. Forkle and Physic both flinched when Sophie began to scream.

I wanted to put an author's note at the beginning saying that I don't like author's notes at the beginning, but that was ironic or something so I just put it down here.

I KNOW THIS IS SHORT BUT I HAVE TO MAKE CUPCAKES AND CAKE HOLDS PRECEDENCE OVER WORD LENGTH.

Why are there so many Sofitz shippers? They've got to accept that Sofitz will never happen. I mean, Fitz's character was barely in Nightfall...or maybe my memory is warped in favor of The Keefe. I mean, I'm pretty sure Fitz want even in it. Yeah. Never was a scene with him and ash and he never saved her life or whatever...lol

Love you guys!

From,
Me