Chapter 5

Sophie's POV

Sophie clung to Keefe's neck. Even when he broke the kiss, she was still standing there, stunned.

"Everything I said was true," Sophie said softly.

"What about the love part?" Keefe whispered back.

Sophie leaned back in. "Everything I said was true," she repeated. "I'm in love with you."

Keefe closed the small amount of space in between them. This kiss lingered, and Sophie knew what Keefe was too scared to say.

"I'm sorry." Keefe said. "I can't..."

"Say it," Sophie finished. "I know that you do, though." Keefe smiled and they kissed again. This time his hand pressed against the small of her back. Sophie shivered, and smiled, breaking the kiss and laughing.

"What?" Keefe said, smiling nervously.

"I mean, it's you." Sophie managed to gasp in between shouts of laughter. Before he could feel too hurt, she quickly resumed their kiss.

There was a tentative knock on the door, and Sophie and Keefe jumped about two feet away from each other. Fitz was there.

"Yeah, Foster, thanks for telling me that." Keefe said awkwardly.

"I appreciate that you didn't get mad." Sophie continued their skit. "Oh, hey Fitz!"

Fitz raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything about the weird moment. "I finished checking on Amy."

"Oh. Yeah, cool, thanks. Yeah." Sophie's face was bright red.

"Cognate training." Fitz said. "Are you okay to do that yet?"

"Cognate training!" Sophie said loudly. "Psh. Yeah, fine. Awesome. Bye Keefe."

Fitz glanced at Keefe. "Oooookay."

——-

"Is something wrong?" Fitz asked for the third time as Sophie fell back into her chair with frustration. "This should be simple."

"Sorry." Sophie murmured, still distracted. "Let's get back to work!"

"Sophie," Fitz said. "What happened?" Sophie looked away. Fitz nudged her. He poked her arm.

"Stop!" Sophie exclaimed. "I admitted..."

"To Keefe?"

"To Keefe...thethingthatIwon'ttellyouintraining."

"What?" Fitz asked.

"The secret. That I haven't told you. In training. I told him." Fitz leaned away from Sophie, apparently shocked by the news.

"Well, now that he knows..." he said finally. "Could you tell me?"

Hey! I'm so sorry for this awkward, dialogue-y chapter but I felt so bad that I haven't been working on the story and I wanted to have SOMETHING, so you got this. Sorry.
Also, how did I get OVER 150 VIEWS?! Ilysm!!!

Thanks to anyone who has read, commented, and/or voted on this.

Shoutout to TyperwriterBook, and Swoopsietheowl and Book_Nerd4561 for being awesome!