Chapter 3

Keefe's POV

The screaming had been going on for more than a minute. Everyone was gathered together trying to avoid talking about the obvious problem.

When this strategy had become useless, Biana, Fitz, Dex and Keefe all stood up.
Simultaneously, everyone started explaining where they were going, before realizing everyone was saying the same thing. They all rushed out the door together. Linh and Tam exchanged looks and got up to follow them to the medical ward.

Mr. Forkle was pacing outside of the door. He looked up when all six of them stampeded down the hall.
Surprisingly, he didn't object when they opened the door. Keefe pushed past Fitz and was the first person to see her.

Sophie was sitting up, looking at them, but not registering that anyone was there. Her face was red and turning purple. Keefe rushed over and grabbed her shoulders.

At his touch, Sophie stopped screaming at once. She looked up at him blankly. Her brown eyes stared unwaveringly at Keefe. Livvy swooped forward and caught Sophie as she slumped forward. To silence the gasps that erupted, Livvy quickly shouted.

"It's ok! She's just unconscious."
Biana sat down and twisted her fingers, staring at a dot on the wall almost as blankly as Sophie.

Keefe, Fitz and Mr. Forkle all paced next to Sophie's cot. Dex pulled out a shiny copper sphere and began poking at it with a piece of wire. Tam and Linh were standing awkwardly at the foot of Sophie's bed, Linh looking worriedly at Sophie and Tam looking around the room.

"Okay," said Livvy. "Everybody, stop. This energy is not good for Sophie, or me," she glared pointedly at the two boys and Mr Forkle. "At all."

"What just happened?" Keefe asked a beat later.

"It appears that this drug is making its way out of Sophie's bloodstream." Mr Forkle responded. "Some withdrawal symptoms are to be expected."

"Withdrawal?" Biana asked. "Why would Sophie have withdrawal? The Neverseen only had her for, like, two days."

"This particular drug is highly addictive," Livvy explained. "If Sophie was being tested with this stuff more than, say, three times, the amount of toxins and chemicals are high enough to create an addiction to this substance."

"These side effects are not exactly uniform," continued Mr Forkle. "Then again, this is a fairly undocumented substance with varying results."

Keefe was not sure that he'd remember any of this later. He decided that he had to ask the question that was in everyone's minds.

"So, now that's she going through withdrawal, that means she should be okay soon, right?" He asked, looking intensely at Mr Forkle and Livvy.

"Well, um..." Livvy responded. "That's what we expect, at least."

"Guys?" Linh asked. "Look at Sophie."

The blond was twitching. Before anyone could do anything besides stare, Sophie was standing straight up.
"Tell...Amy...to go. And Nightfall...went below...the place...where...it started." Sophie panted, as though she had ran a marathon instead of just stepped out of bed.

DuhnundunDAHNUN. This was originally gonna be a oneshot or something but I thought I'd follow it to see if it could become a legit story. (Still not sure on the status.)
If you guys would want to see some KOTLC oneshots you can comment/message me with requests.
Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and following me or this story!

I was gonna keep quoting YouTubers' outro thingies but I didn't want to do the work of like looking them up on YouTube and whatever.