Epilogue

"Keefe," Sophie said suddenly. "Are we getting married?"

"Right now we're sitting on a porch together." Keefe responded. Sophie pushed him playfully. He caught her hand and wove his fingers through hers.

"But, do you want to get married?" Sophie asked. Keefe looked at her. The sunset made her blonde hair glow, and her brown eyes reflected the light of the small fire in front of them.

"If this is your proposal..." Keefe joked. "But yes, I love you. I'd gladly get married to you. Any day, you name it."

"Okay." Sophie answered. She stared into Keefe's eyes. His eyes were blue, like every elf's, but they somehow seems to radiate warmth and fun. "How about tomorrow?"

Keefe's eyes showed his surprise. Then he smiled, bursting into a laugh. "Foster, you're going to kill me one day." There was a nervous pause. "Yes. Let's do it." Sophie let the silence grow until Keefe kissed her.

"Della bought me a dress," she explained. Keefe smiled back at her. "At first I was offended...but then I thought about it and I realized that I really do want to marry you. Then I figured, why not now? So—"

"I can't believe that this is real." He interrupted. Sophie shoulder-checked km.

"It always will be." Sophie answered. "I love you, you know."

"I know."