Advance Guard

Sarafina's POV

"Last I checked Remus moving Harry is a volunteer only mission and I didn't volunteer" I tell him as I lean against Buckbeak. It was my turn to feed him and I usually read or catch up on sleep while with him. But no Remus just had to disturb my alone time with Buckbeak, god I miss Dotty.

"But Padfoot wants us both to go in his place" he states.

"Don't use the Padfoot card" I tell him annoyed.

"Come on, you love flying" he tells me.

"With Moody in-charge, we won't be back until next week" I tell him.

"Don't exaggerate" he tells me and I roll my eyes. "Come on, do it for Padfoot and Harry" he says.

"Fine, when do we leave?" I ask.

"Now" he states and I groan as he helps me up giving me my cloak. We go to the foyer and Tonks hands me my broom.

"Weasley, you'll be on look out first before returning with us here" Mad-eye tells me.

"Aye aye sir" I say and Tonks chuckles with Remus. Mum and dad tell me to becarful before we leave. I stand in lion form besides two auror members as we kept look out. While Remus, Tonks, Mad-eye, Kingsley, Doge, Diggle, Podmore, Vance and Jones went into Harry's house.

(Kitchen) Harry's POV

"This is Alastor Moody" Remus tells me. We are in the Dursleys kitchen with eight other witches and wizards. "And this is Nymphadora" he say pointing to the young woman with violet hair.

"Don't call me Nymphadora" she snaps. "It's Tonks" she tells me with a smile.

"Nymphadora Tonks, who prefers being called by her surname only" Remus explains.

"So would you if your fool of a mother called you Nymphadora" she grumbles.

"And this is Kingsley Shacklebolt" Remus continues pointing to a tall wizard who bows. Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle" he states and Diggle interrupts him.

"We've meet before" he tells me and I remember from my first trip to the Leaky Cauldron.

"Emmeline Vance" Remus says gesturing to the woman in the green shawl. "Sturgis Podmore" square jawed wizard with thick straw coloured hair blinks. "And Hestia Jones" he says pointing to the witch by the toaster who waves. "Also Sarafina will be joining us when we go outside" he adds and I smile. "A surprising number of people volunteered to collect you" he states.

"More the better, we're you're guard Potter" Mad-eye tells me.

"We'll leave in fifteen, just waiting for the all clear signal" Lupin assures me.

"What's going on? I haven't heard anything from anyone, what's Vol..." I start to ask. Several of the witches and wizards made hissing noises while Diggle dropped his hat. Mad-eye told me to shut up. "What?" I ask confused.

"Not discussing anything here, to risky" Mad-eye states.

"Better go get packed Harry" Lupin tells me. Tonks came to help me pack and liked my room better then the rest of the house. Apparently it was to neat and tidy for her liking. I was amazed when she changed her hair to bubble gum pink. She explained how she was a Metamorphmagus and an auror along with Kingsley.  She then packs my trunk using magic and scourgifies Hedwig's cage. We head back downstairs to join the others.

"Harry I've left a note to your aunt and uncle, telling them not to worry" Lupin tells me.

"They won't" I tell him.

"That you're safe" he adds.

"That'll just depress them" I reply and I can swear I heard a giggle.

"And that you'll see them next Summer" he finishes.

"Do I have too?" I ask. He didn't answer as we went outside and Sarafina appeared with her Nimbus 2000. "Hey Sarafina" I say smiling and hug her.

Sarafina's POV

I pull away from Harry smiling and turn to Moody. "All clear, they're doing one last sweep though" I tell him.

"Good, come here both of you" he tells Harry and I. He disillusions us and looks up to the sky. "Clear night, shame we could of used the cloud cover" he murmurs. "Right you two Tonks will be flying in front of you, stay close to her tail. Lupin well cover you from below while I have you backs. The rest will circle us" he explains. "We don't break ranks for anything, if one of us is killed" he continues.

"Is that likely?" Harry asks but Moody ignores him.

"The others keep flying on, if everyone dies but you Potter. Continue flying east, the rear guard will meet up with you" Mad-eye finishes.

"Stop being so cheerful Mad-eye" Tonks tells him as she straps Harry's trunk and Hedwig's cage to her broom.

"He'll think we aren't taking this seriously" I say giggling.

"I'm just telling the boy the plan" Mad-eye snaps. "Our job is to get him safely to headquarters and if we die in the attempt" he states.

"Enough talk of death, there's the first signal" I tell him. We all mount our brooms waiting for the next signal.

"Second signal, lets go!" Remus shouts and we kick off the ground. As we fly east Mad-eye shouts instructions about flying left or right to avoid muggles looking up or to gain more altitude.  We almost went through clouds but Tonks put a stop to that, thank Merlin. We then avoid a motorway when Mad-eye says we should double back.

"Are you mad?" Tonks asks him. "We're frozen to our brooms, if we keep this up we won't be there until next week" she states and I give Remus a smirk. "Besides we're nearly there" she adds.

"Begin descent, Harry Sarafina follow Tonks" Remus tells us and we do so. We land and Mad-eye turns out the lights with Dumbledore's diluminator. He gives Harry a piece of parchment telling him to read and memorize it.

"What's the order of?" Harry starts to ask.

"Not here boy" Mad-eye tells him burning the parchment.

"Wait until we're in side" I tell him as number twelve Grimmauld place appears. Remus unlocks the door using his wand and the door swings open. Harry and I are ushered inside first. Mad-eye makes Harry and I visible again, before giving us some light. Mum appears smiling giving Harry and I a hug each.

"He's here, the meeting just started" she tells the others.

"I'll come in through the side door in a minute" I whisper to Remus. "Come Harry, the meeting is for members only. Hermione and Ron are waiting for you upstairs" I tell Harry. Before leading him upstairs telling him to be quiet. We stop in front of Harry's and Ron's room, I gestured to the door saying "go on, I'll tell the others you're here" I lie. Once he entered the room, I dashed downstairs and to the hidden door to the kitchen. I knock and say "pig-snout", Tonks lets me in. I take my seat between Remus and Sirius as Snape continues to give his report.

A/N

Picture above of the flight formation (imagine another invisible figure next to Harry).