First Day

Sarafina's POV

Seamus is ignoring Harry and Fred/George have been testing their new sweets on other students. Until Hermione stepped in using her new authority as a prefect. She also explained Umbridge's speech to the boys again.  We also spoke about the substitute Care of Magical Creatures teacher. And that was only last night before going to bed after the feast.

It's now the next morning and Hermione is reading the Daily Prophet while I read over her shoulder. The two boys sat across from us. We saw nothing important or about Dumbledore or Harry and told the others. Professor McGonagall handed out our time tables. "Look at today!" Ron exclaims. "History of magic, double potions, Divination and Defense against the dark arts. Binns, Snape, Trelawney and Umbridge in the same day" he complains. "I wish Fred and George would hurry up with those skiving snack boxes" he mumble.

"Do my ears deceive me?" Fred asks as he and George squeeze in beside Harry. "A Hogwarts prefect surely doesn't want to skive off lessons" he states.

"Look at he has today" I say as Ron hands them his timetable.

"The worst Monday I've ever seen" he states.

"Fair point little bro" Fred says.

"You can have nosebleed nougat cheap if you want" George adds.

"Why's it cheap?" Ron and I ask.

"Because you keep bleeding until you shrivel, we haven't got an antidote yet" they state.

"I think, I'll stick with the lessons" Ron grumbles taking back his time table. The twins left and we started to talk about the OWLs. Also about what career we're thinking of doing after school. We then went to History of Magic where Hermione and I took notes all lesson. As we walked to double Potions we told the boys we wouldn't give them our notes this year. But I know we'd cave eventually.

Once Snape arrived he told us about our future exams. Then said we must all get an acceptable or face his displeasure. I gave Neville a reassuring smile as did Hermione. He then said how he only accepted the best into his NEWT class. We then got to making a draught of peace.  Snape was very hard on Harry even though there were other potions worse then his. Hermione, Draco and I are the only ones to get the potion to near perfect.

While we each filled a phial with a sample of our potion and labeled it. Snape gave us our homework. Which was twelve inches of parchment on moonstones and their use in potion making. That had to be handed in Thursday.

Hermione and I then went to our class after she got into a little fight with Ron. Which Harry shouted at them about before storming off to Divination. Hermione and Ron stopped arguing and he went after Harry while I lead Hermione to our class. Afterward she and I went to DADA and sat at the table in front of Harry and Ron.

Umbridge said we'd go back to the basics talking to us like four year old children. Had us put away our wands and get our quills out along with books. Then put three course aims on the board telling us to read the first chapter of our books. Course aims:

1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.

2. Learning to recognize situations in which defensive magic can be legally used.

3. Placing the use of defensive magic in a context for practical use.

After Hermione and I read the course aims we raised our hands. She calls upon Hermione asking if she had a question about the chapter. "No, it's about your course aims" Hermione states. "There's nothing there about using defensive spells" she states. I see everyone else read the board and realize she is right.

"Using defensive spells" Umbridge says with a little laugh. "I can't imagine a point where you'll need to use defensive spells in my class room" she states. "Yes miss..?" she asks.

"Weasley, isn't the point of the defense against the dark arts to teach us how to defend ourselves? How can we do that without using defensive spells?" I ask her.

"Again do you believe you'll be attacked in my classroom?" she asks in an overly sweet voice. "The ministry has decided that you learn about defense in a secure risk free way" she states.

"When we're attacked it won't be risk free" Harry snaps.

"Again Mr Potter, do you expect to be attacked in my classroom?" she asks. "Besides who do you expect would want to attack students like yourselves?" she asks him.

"I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort" Harry states.

"Shut up" I tell him glaring.

"Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain Dark Wizard is at large once again. This is a lie" she tells us.

"It's not a lie!" Harry shouts. "I saw him, I fought him" he snaps.

"Detention Mr Potter!" Umbridge shouts.

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead OF HIS OWN ACCORD" Harry snaps.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident" she states.

"It was murder! Voldemort killed him! You must know!" Harry tells her angrily.

"Enough" she snaps. I gingerly raise my hand she takes a deep breath saying "yes Miss Weasley?".

"Why don't you write a note and I take Harry to our head of house" I suggest. She agrees writing the note giving it to me. Harry and I grab our stuff before leaving the classroom. "You need to learn to control your temper harry" I tell him.

"She was lying" he states annoyed.

"I know, but she works for the ministry Harry and can make your life a living hell while she's here. So please try not argue with her again" I tell him. We entered McGonagall's office and I gave her the note. Then left her to talk some sense into Harry going to the library to get a head start on the pile of homework I'd gotten.

A/n

Picture above of Sarafina's outfit.