Dumbledore's Great Escape

Sarafina's POV

"See what they've named themselves? Dumbledore's Army" Cornelius states handing the parchment over to Dumbledore. He gazed at the heading scribbled by Hermione months before. Then he looked up, smiling.

"Well, the game is up" he says simply. "Would you like a written confession from me, Cornelius or will a statement before these witnesses suffice?" he asks. "Dumbledore's Army, Cornelius. Not Potter's Army. Dumbledore's Army" he states.

Understanding blazed suddenly in Fudge's face. He took a horrified step backwards, yelped, and jumped out of the fire. "You?" he whispers, stamping on his smouldering cloak.

"That's right" Dumbledore says nodding his head.

"You organized this?"  Cornelius asks.

"Why else would it be called Dumbledore's army?" I ask him playing along.

"Tonight was supposed to be the first meeting. Merely to see whether they would be interested in joining me. I see now that it was a mistake to invite Miss Edgecome, of course" Dumbledore explains and Marietta nodded her head.

"Then you have been plotting against me!" Cornelius shouts.

"That's right" Dumbledore says cheerily while Harry shouted no. I give him a stern glare that told him to keep his mouth shut. But he ignored my look. "Be quiet, Harry, or I am afraid you will have to leave my office" Dumbledore tells him calmly.

"Yes, shut up, Potter!" Cornelius barks. While still ogling Dumbledore with a kind of horrified delight. "Well, well, well I came here tonight expecting to expel Potter and instead..." he starts to say.

"Instead you get to arrest me" Dumbledore finishes smiling. "It's like losing a Knut and finding a Galleon, isn't it?" he asks.

"Weasley, have you written it all down, everything he's said, his confession, have you got it?" Cornelius asks Percy.

"Yes, sir, I think so, sir" he replies eagerly going through the notes he'd taken.

"The bit about how he's been trying to build up an army against the Ministry, how he's been working to destabilize me?" Cornelius asks.

"Yes, sir, I've got it, yes!" Percy shouts looking very joyful.

"Very well, then duplicate your notes, Weasley, and send a copy to the Daily Prophet at once. If we send a fast owl we should make the morning edition" Cornelius orders. Percy dashed from the room, slamming the door behind him. "You will now be escorted back to the Ministry, where you will be formally charged, then sent to Azkaban to await trial" he tells Dumbledore.

"Yes, I thought we might hit that little snag" Dumbledore says heading towards his desk.

"Snag? I see no snag" Cornelius states.

"Well it's just that you seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to, what is the phrase?" Dumbledore asks looking at me.

"Come quietly, sir" I answer and he smiles at me nodding his head. Before turning back to the closing in ministry officials.

"I am afraid I am not going to come quietly at all, Cornelius. I have absolutely no intention of being sent to Azkaban. I could break out, of course. But what a waste of time, and frankly, I can think of a whole host of things I would rather be doing" he tells them.

"So, you intend to take on Dawlish, Shacklebolt, Dolores and myself single-handed, do you, Dumbledore?" Cornelius asks him. While McGonagall places us students behind her while I secretly summon my wand. I'm not brilliant at wandless or wordless magic, but it's a simple spell. And I was focusing really hard.

"Merlin's beard, no. Not unless you are foolish enough to force me too" Dumbledore tells him.

"Enough of this rubbish! Dawlish! Shacklebolt! Take him!" Cornelius shouts. McGonagall pulls Harry to the floor and I do the same with Marietta. As Dumbledore grabs Fawkes and they disappear in a wave of flames. Knocking the ministry officials off of their feet. By the time they got up he and Fawkes were gone.

"You may not like him Minister, but you can't deny. Dumbledore's got style" Kingsley states. Before leaving with Umbitch and the other auror to search the castle for Dumbledore. Cornelius turns to Professor McGonagall and us kids.

"Well, Minerva. I'm afraid this is the end of your friend Dumbledore" he states.

"You think so?" she asks him unconvinced.

"You'd better get those three off to bed" he states before leaving.

"I'll escort Marietta to the hospital wing professor, I'm sure Madame Pomfrey can fix her up" I tell her. She nods her head and I lead Marietta from the room. "I trust you've learnt your lesson not to go around snitching on people" I say and she nods her head. "Good and don't worry you'll be back to normal tomorrow. Madame Pomfrey will see to that" I assure her.

We enter the hospital wing and Madame Pomfrey asks what was wrong. "Marietta has been a victim of a modified Pimple Jinx and is very distressed. Professor McGonagall asked me to bring her here and says that she should stay the night" I explain.

"Very well, run along to your dorm Miss Weasley" Madame Pomfrey tells me. While leading Marietta over to a bed. I leave the hospital wing and start to make my way back to my dorm. Only to run into Draco along the way.

"Sarafina, I'm so sorry. Had I known you were involved, I would never of helped Umbridge" he says apologetically.

"It's my own fault Draco, I just wish the others wouldn't be victims of her blood quills. Now they all will be because I failed to destroy the list of names properly" I tell him. "Besides I still love you my dragon" I add kissing him tenderly.

"You should go before you get into more trouble for being out past curfew" he tells me. I nod my head and his gives me a peck before leaving. I return to Gryffindor tower and go into my dorm. I get ready for bed and crawl under the covers beside Yuki. Where I fall into a peaceful sleep.

A/N

Picture above of Kingsley talking and gif on the external link of Dumbledore escaping with Fawkes.