Careers Advice

Sarafina's POV

Angelina has been training us hard for the final quidditch match of the season. We may of lost against Hufflepuff, but there's still hope for us to win the quidditch cups. As long as we beat Ravenclaw. Besides the new beaters Andrew and Jack are getting better. I also switched positions with Ginny so that I'm now the new seeker and she's a chaser. We have a better chance now at winning as long as Ron doesn't let us down with his keeper skills.

Harry is no longer taking occlumency for some strange reason. I offered to help him even though I don't know Legilimency. He accepted my help and I think we're making progress. But don't know for sure.

Did I also forget to mention Umbridge is now headmistress? Well she is and she fired me as the assistant. Which I am fine with, I can focus on my studies, quidditch and Draco. Things with Draco are going great. This week pamphlets have come out for us fifth years career advice. Draco has been helping me narrow down what I want to do and I've been helping him. We narrowed it down to being an auror or professor for him. He also wants to study Alchemy and become an Alchemist.

Harry and Cho fought about her friend Marietta. Ron then went on a rant about her. But Hermione and I ignored them returning to our studying. Well she returned to studying I studied the homework schedule she'd made for me. Later that afternoon Jack knocked himself out with his own bat. Just when I thought he was getting the hang of it. Anyway that evening when we returned to the common room our career advice meetings times were on the wall. My meeting was scheduled for 1:00 pm Monday. Which means I'd be missing the beginning of Arithmancy.

The twins appeared saying how Harry wanted to talk to Sirius. They said they'd been quiet due to the Easter holidays. But they were happy to us their next big prank as as distraction so that Harry could talk to Sirius. Only problem, Harry has to sneak into Umbridge's office to use her fireplace. They decided to set the prank off in the east wing just after lessons on Monday. Honestly it wasn't long ago they set off a bunch of their own ever-lasting fireworks. How are they going to top that?

(Monday afternoon)

I'm on my way to my career advice meeting in McGonagall's office. When I get there, she was waiting. "Good afternoon professors" I say nodding my head politely.

"Good afternoon Miss Weasley, please take a seat" McGonagall say as she shuffles the pamphlets on her table. "Well, Miss Weasley, this meeting is to talk over any career ideas you might have, and to help you decide which subjects you should continue into the sixth and seventh years. Have you given any thought to what you'd do after Hogwarts?" she asks me after explaining.

"Well ever since Charlie went to study Dragons and became a Dragonologist. I wanted to do the same thing. But recently I've also thought about being a healer" I tell her. She takes out two pamphlets and reads them. "It says here you need at least E at NEWT level in Potions, Herbology, Transfiguration, Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts. To become a healer" she states.

"Now I only accept those who get an E or higher into my NEWT classes. So if you keep studying hard, you should be able to do that no problem. But Professor Snape only accepts students into his NEWT classes if they get an O. So you might want to study potions harder" she tells me.

"I will" I assure her smiling.

"Now if you really wish to do both careers, you should be able to study both at the same time. Then be able to do both jobs part time. You'll just need to do Care Magical Creatures. You need an O in your dragon knowledge and an E in everything else. I'm sure Hagrid would be happy to give you extra lessons in Dragon care" she states.

"Brilliant" I say smiling and she smiles back to before frowning. "What is it professor?" I ask her.

"I know you're very smart dear and have no doubt you'll exile in your studies. But maybe you should consider quitting the team next year. You'll be taking six lessons while most other students will only be taking four or five. As well as extra private lessons in Dragon care. If you want to succeed in your final two years, you might have to give up quidditch" she states.

"I understand your concern, but until Harry is Seeker again. I won't quit the team unless they find a better seeker then me. With Hermione's help I'll be able to balance studying and quidditch. See she made us each a homework schedule" I say showing her the schedule. "She can do the same for me next year" I tell her.

"I can only offer you advice, just speak with Granger and think real hard about your future" she tells me. I assure her I would and leave for Arithmancy. Where I sit next to Hermione and start to take notes on the lecture. After class we hear about a commotion in the courtyard and run to check it out.

Umbridge was scolding my brothers for turning a corridor into a swamp. Guess I was wrong, they did top the fireworks. They then summoned their brooms and left Hogwarts for good. After announcing that they now own their own joke shop in Diagon Alley. And Hogwarts students would get discounts if they used the products to get rid of Umbridge.

A/N

Picture above of Professor McGonagall and picture on the external link of Saint Mungo's crest.