A Revealing

Ember slowly emerged from her unconscious state. The first thing she became aware of was that she was lying on the silkiest sheets. The bed firm and luxurious. However, the painful throbbing in her head suddenly got her attention. Trying to sit up made her head spin and the sudden desire to throw up was overwhelming. A strong arm raised her up and held a waste can so that she could evacuate her stomach. When she was through, the arm released her and laid her back down. Soon after, a cool wet wash clothe was used to clean her face of the saliva and tears. But the tears kept coming. 

"It hurts. Make it stop. Please. Oh God! I'm gonna be sick again."She whimpered.  Before she finished her plea, the strong arm was back. The presence seemed to help, but not much. Just as she was about to ask for something for pain, a glass appeared in front of her and a deep masculine voice spoke softly, "Drink. In it is a strong painkiller. The pain will go away and you will sleep until your body is rested." 

Ember took the glass and held it in a shaky hand. As she started to gulp the liquid, the glass was gently tipped back down. "Slowly. If you drink it too fast, you may get sick again." The hand then released the glass and she continued to drink, this time much more slowly. After finishing the drink the glass was gently removed from her grasp and she was laid back down. At least somewhat. She was laying on a hard, hair covered and muscular chest. It was warm and felt good in ways that her mind couldn't comprehend right now. Maybe when she woke up, she thought, her eyelids so heavy that she allowed them to close and sleep to overtake her.

Mikhail reveled in holding his little mate. She was as small as he was big. Her build was slight, maybe 5'2, and she was so small that his hands would cover her torso, Her facial features were delicate, reminding him of a small bird. Everything about her fascinated him. She groaned in her sleep and snuggled closer to him. Realizing that she might be cold, he reached down and pulled the sheet and blanket over them and he himself went to sleep.

The next time Ember woke, she was alone in the bed. She was about to get out of bed and find a bathroom when a door opened and a man walked in. "Good evening, my lady. My name is Bertram and I am the his lordship's valet. I am here to serve you in whatever capacity you require." As he spoke Ember became horridly fascinated with his teeth. They were pointed. No! They were fangs. How did he have fangs? 

Bertram stopped talking when he realized that the young lady in his master's bed was staring at him in a kind of morbid fascination. Realizing what had caught her attention, he spoke.
"Yes, my lady, they are real. No, they are not dental implants. When I was created they developed. Along with a sensitivity to UV rays. The Master does not suffer from that like the rest of us. Most Royals can walk in daylight, but like the rest of us, they prefer the night."

He stood there looking at his Lady as strangled sounds and squeaks came out of her mouth as she tried to form words. "I am sorry, My Lady, but it would appear that I have upset you. The Master will be here shortly. He will answer all of your questions." Turning,he quietly left the room with her standing there with an expression of horrified wonder on her face. Not able to take the whole idea, Ember's legs collapsed under her and she fell to her knees just as Mikhail entered the room.

Mikhail, seeing his Beloved on the floor on her knees, ran to her. "Ember, are you ok? What happened? Why, my love, are you on the floor?"

Ember lifted her head to the man holding her, seeing his fangs hang over his bottom lip.