A DIFFERENT WORLD

Mikhail held his mate as she cried out her grief and anger. Crying so hard for so long had left Ember exhausted and she had fallen asleep in his arms. They were headed home, but he had insisted that his driver stop one place first.

"Good evening, sir. May I help you with something?" The saleslady was practically purring at him. It disgusted him how she tried to attract his attention. She made a mistake and ran a hand down one muscular arm. Feeling repulsed, he grabbed her wrist in a painful grip. "I do not recall inviting your touch. I asked you to do a job and find some clothes for my wife. You are either too much of a slut, or too caught up in some fantasy, to realize that you have offended me." The owner of the boutique, hearing the exchange, came out from the back.

"Justine! What is the meaning of this. I am tired of having this conversation with you. You are dismissed!" The aristocratic looking lady came to stand before Mikhail. "Please, your lordship, do forgive me for having such an ignoble employee. Is there something that I may help you with today." It wasn't a question, so much as a statement. The offending lady soon forgotten.

"Yes. I have met my mate and I require something for her to wear to the ball in two weeks time to introduce her to the Vampiric Council and have her crowned as my queen." Mikhail watched the realization of his statement  dawn on the french woman.

"Oh my, your Lordship, I am very pleased for you. Please, allow me to congratulate you. I am pleased beyond measure that you have chosen me to supply her with a gown for such an auspicious event." Mikhail gave her the particulars of the gown he wanted for his mate. He then told her of a wedding gown and how he imagined it to look. Finishing up his business with the lady, he left to return to his vehicle. finding Ember still sleep. Picking her up, her draped her across his lap as he held her. 

Just as they were pulling up to their home, Ember began to awake. Looking up into her vampire's eyes, she thought she caught a flash of something. A memory. Something dark and terrible. 

Realizing something in her changed, he shifted her to sit next to him. "I'm not always a good man, Ember. I have taken what I wanted for so long that when I met you, I had to change everything about myself. From the way I thought, to the way I acted. I'm sorry, if the flash of memory you saw was frightening. Perhaps, one day we can sit and talk about it." 

Ember merely nodded and allowed him to help her from the vehicle. Going into the kitchen, she began to make coffee. Anything to keep from looking at Mikhail. And Mikhail, realizing what his mate was doing, let out a deep sign. It sounded so forlorn that Ember had to look up. 

Walking up to her, Mikhail stroked her cheek gently with a finger. "Never be afraid of me, Ember. While I am a predator and often cruel, you are the safest person on the face of this earth. I would stake my own heart before I would hurt you. Do you understand?" At her nod, he released her and bent down to hug her. He felt a bit better when she relaxed into his hold. However, soon the mate-bond took hold and he began to smell her arousal. 

"Be very sure you are ready Ember. I'm hanging on by a thread. Once we enter our bedroom, there will be no going back." His eyes glittered and his fangs glistened. His face was tut with unreleased desire. She did something then, she nodded. He growled, picking her up, cand carried her to their room.

Setting her on the floor by their bed, she spoke in a quiet voice. "Mikhail, I feel grubby. Can we take a shower? Together?" Looking up at her vampire, she became aware of the power she held when it came to him. She watched as he took a shuddering breath. 

"A shower? Together? Now?" Mikhail was having trouble wrapping his head around the idea that his innocent little mate actually had voluntarily suggested that they shower together, naked. 

At her nod he swallowed with difficulty. "Ohhmmm, I guess we can. I'm just surprised that you suggested it."

"I want to get used to seeing you. What better way, then a shower." He couldn't escape the logic of her argument.

"Very well." With his teeth gritted against his desire, he began undressing her. 

As her clothes began to be peeled off of her and her body was revealed, Mihkial began to pray for strength. She was everything that he desired in a woman. Though young, her body belonged to a woman. Her neck flowed down to a generous chest a tight ribcage, and flowed into lush, curvy hips. Her nest of hair at the juncture of her thighs was flame red, like the hair on her head. He long legs ended in delicate, dainty feet with pink painted toenails.

"Is something wrong, Mikhail. You keep staring at me and your eyes keep flashing red."

"No." He growled. "It's just that you are perfect." Ember snorted. "It's true. You could not have been more perfect if I had custom ordered you. Your neck is long and graceful, like that of a swan. Your breast, I'm sure you get grief about them being so big, but they will fit my hands perfectly. You ribcage and waist while also strong, are small for such a well developed woman. Your hips, well you hips are the stuff of my dreams. And your ass is so perfect and round. It fits with you rounded hips. Your legs, when I first saw you, all I could imagine is having those legs wrapped around my waist wile I pound into you." Ember moaned at the very visual image that he painted for her.

"If you keep that up love, we won't make it into the shower." Mikhail gently stroked her on her back and worked his way to the curve of her hip.

"It's that thing again, isn't it? The mate-bond. It does this to us, to each other. It makes us want to mate." 

He was surprised that she understood so very well. In the next moment, he remember that Midge had told him that her I.Q. was very high. "Yes."

"Shower, now! You're not touching me until I have one. I feel nasty." Naked, Ember stalked into the large en suite bathroom. She fell in love with his shower the first time she saw it.

The shower itself had a large wrap-around shelf for sitting

The shower itself had a large wrap-around shelf for sitting. It was tile and marble and had multiple shower heads. Walking in to it, she adjusted the temperature and looked over her shoulder to see if he was following. When Mikhail realized that his mate had eant every word that she had said, he followed her. He watched as she stepped under the shower spray and turn to pick up a bottle of body wash. Pouring it out in her hands, she began to rub it all over her body in slow, sensual strokes.  Jesus! When had his mate turned into a temptress? It was like once she realized that his affection were hers alone, she let her inhibitions fall away.

***********************************************************************************************

Cliffhanger!!!! Evil, manical laugh. I'm gonna make you guys wait for this. It's late and I'm tired. You'll have to wait for the next update. Please leave a message in the comments. So you want smutty or sexy. All out porn or suggestive storytelling?