WHAT'S NEXT?

Dumitri and Susan lay in their bed holding each other. It had been a week since Ember's resuce and the twins' birth. Susan lay on her side with her head resting on his chest, while stroking a hand back and forth over his abdomen. Mikhail had allowed his friend to take leave to be with Susan. To help her grieve. 

"What happens now, Dumitri? I mean, Grigorii is dead, Mikhail killed him, the twins have been born, and it seems the whole of the supernatural world has come together to recognize Ember as queen. Where do we go from here? We buried my mom and Dorothy two days ago, and you paid someone to clean the house so we can put it on the market. What now. What about us?"

Dumitri pulled his mate on top of his chest and looked up at her. "Now my precious, we live. We go on like vampires have for centuries. Hopefully, we can start a family of our own soon." At her sharp intake of breath, "That is, if you want." Dumitri stated hurriedly .

"Yes! Little boys with your eyes and mischievous smile. Perfect! Can we start now?" Susan watched her mate's eyes dilate with lust as the heat of passion filled his features. Smoothing his hand down her back until he reached her luscious and  shapely backside, he gave it a smart slap, answering her with a growl, "Yes."

Rolling her over, he proceeded to show her exactly how much he wanted t start trying.

Hours later, sweaty and out of breath, Susan looked at Dumitri and said, "Turn me. I want to be with you forever."

**********************************************************************************************

1 year later

"Mikhail! Help me! The twins have insisted on my attention all day and Dumitri and Susan will be here any time, and I haven't even had a shower yet." Ember wailed as Mikahil was coming out of his closet, tying his bowtie.

"Alright you two. Now is not the time to get your mother upset. Your brother and you are going to the nursery where Aelfdane and Arianna will give you your baths and supper. I'm sorry, my love. I didn't realize that they were monopolizing your time that way." Leaning down, he kissed his beautiful queen on her cheek as he scooped up the twins and carried them to the nursery.

Taking a breath, Ember went to get ready. Tonight was such a big night. The whole of the supernatural world would be here. Alphas from all over, Coven masters and Were-leaders of all kinds. She was entirely too nervous. It seems that over the last year, more and more of them became aware of her and the miracle of the twins' birth. It seemed that they all saw her as very strong, fit to lead them. The many proud supernaturals, who bowed to no one, wanted to bow to her ans swear fealty. She still couldn't get over it

Just as she was coming out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, Mikhail entered the room. "Are they in the nursery?" 

"Yes, the little scamps tried every way in the world to weasel out of staying with us tonight. They know something important is happening and they want to be part of it. Especially with Uncle Dumitri and Aunt Susan coming, as well as Uncle Caleb. " Mikhail laughed at the antics of his children. They truly were the light of his and Ember's life.

"Mikhail, darling, come over here and zip me up." e growled as he looked at the exposed baack of his beautiful mate. 'I'd rather undress you and take you back to bed."

"Down boy. This is important. For our kingdom and our future. Now, let's go before I let you change my mine." Mikhail smirked as she walked by him and he smelled her arousal.

Later on in the night, after all the pomp and circumstance had played out, Ember was enjoying a glass of champagne when she heard a commotion. Turning to see what was going on, she witnessed her son toddling towards her. Just as she was about to bend, Dumitri was there to scoop him up. 

"Hey little man. Why aren't you in bed in the nursery?" Just then Susan joined him at his side. When she did, the young prince began to act strange. He began to growl and reach for Susan. Clambering down his uncle, he grabbed Susan and tried to climb up her leg. 

One of the supernaturals in the crowd made a comment. "Look. Are you sure that boy is vampire, Mikhail? He acts part monkey." Another comment,"All children seem to act the same. Mine gave me grey hair, climbing everything in sight."

Susan ignored them and leaned down to pick up the prince. Looking her in the face he babbled incoherently, until he did something unexpected. He placed his small hand on Susan's lower abdomen and all heard him say, "Mine!"

Ember picked her son out of her arms and handed him to Arianna who was standing next to her. Raising one eyebrow, she looked at Susan standing next to Dumitri, red-faced, and said, in a calm voice, 'Do you have good news to share?"

Dumitri, feeling his mate's discomfort, spoke up. "Ember, Mikhail, we were going to tell you tomorrow. We didn't want to detract from this evening's events."

"I am thrilled. I'm so glad for you. I know that you have been trying for some time now." Mikhail replied. Turning, he watched his mate and his best friend's mate disappear into his office. "We won't see them for months now. I hope your bank balance is quite healthy. Because babies are expensive." Laughing, he slapped his friend on the shoulder, as he congratulated him.

The rest of the evening passed without incident. Later, after the guests had left and they were in the bed, Ember turned to Mikhail. You do realize that our friends are also going to be our in-laws?"

"Yep. This should be interesting. I'm glad it wasn't our little girl. I don't think that I'm ready for that yet." He looked down as he felt Ember shaking next to him. Seeing her laughing, he answered in an offended voice, "What? She's a baby."

"Big, bad, viscous vampire. Can't handle the thought of his little girl having a mate."Ember drifted off to sleep, a smile on her face.