What To Do

"Dumitri? Why do you call me Little Flame?" Ember asked as they walked together into the house.

"Because your name is Ember, you have flame red hair and you are very small compared to Mikhail and I. OK?" He cocked one eyebrow as he answered.

"Oh. Where are we going?" Ember asked as they began walking back towards the mansion.

"I'm taking back to your mate. He's a bit frantic. We split up to look for you. He's looking in the house, while I looked out here."  Just then a very large, very angry, very upset vampire pulled her into his arms and held her tightly.

"Never run from me again! Do you understand. I am a predator, first and foremost and I will chase what runs from me. However, you will be punished for it. Do yo understand me?" When she didn't answer him, he shook her slightly. "I said do you understand me?"

Ember was terrified. Mikhail was practically yelling at her. Ember merely nodded as tears run down her face. She had no idea what he deemed to be appropriate "punishment." But, at the moment, he seemed disinclined to dole out anything except close physical contact. He just pulled her close in to his chest and wrapped her up in his arms, while laying his head on hers. 

She felt a deep shudder go through him as he tightened his hold on her. "Never do that again.'  At her nod, Mikhail kissed the top of her head and put her down. "Are you hungry?"

At her whispered yes, he took her by the hand and led her to a large modern kitchen. After sitting her at a marble island in the center of the kitchen, he began to pull the makings of an omelet out of the fridge. As he did this, Dumitri stood back and watched his friend of centuries take care of his mate. To see the most viscous being he knew be so caring and gentle was incredible. To say the least. All Dumitri could do was shake his head in wonder. Which Mikhail saw.

"What? You will probably be even worse. Our parents always told us that mates changed us. That they gentled our cruel, aggressive nature. My dad was a prime example. My mother said that he was a merciless ruler, that he would kill for sport. When they met and he realized who she was, it changed him. My mother said that the kingdom wept with relief. And your father was just as bad as mine, and you know it. When he met you mother, she was dying. He wept tears of blood for her. When she allowed him to turn her, of course, it cured her, thus giving her immortality. But, it changed him, too. He was a deadly vampire. Some say as deadly as my dad."

Dumitri nodded his head in acknowledgement. "I am aware of this. Now, finish fixing Little Flame something to eat. I can hear her stomach growling from her, and I'm not even using supernatural hearing. She probably hasn't eaten in 24 hours or more. Besides, I think that she is frightened enough from her earlier encounter with you, without hearing the stories of our parents and how cruel they were." Mikhail realized his friend was right when he turned to look at Ember and saw her face was a chalky white.

Instantly he was ashamed of his earlier behavior. Turning the omelet out onto a plate, he handed it to her and sat down to watch her eat. In a small voice, she asked, "Aren't you going to eat anything, Mikhail?"

"No. I will eat later. Right now, we need to talk about you punishment. Tell me Ember, what should I do. Should I strip you bare, turn you over my knee and swat your bare ass until it is red and burning. Should I get you so sexually aroused then deny you an orgasm. Perhaps, I should keep you chained to my bed for the next few days and not allow you access to the outside world. What about a combination of all three? Maybe, when you realize the severity of your actions, you'll understand why I am so upset. I was not rejecting you, Ember. I was, in a rather terrible manner, trying to explain why I shouldn't have any physical contact with you, because it can influence your decision. However, when you ran, you no longer allowed that choice to be made. Your actions have created a response inside me that will not allow you to be parted form me again, until you are mated and marked." Ember shuddered with desire and a little bit of fright at his explanation

Looking around the kitchen, Ember realized that Dumitri had left them alone in the kitchen. She knew that once the last bite was in her mouth all bets were off. And she wasn't sure how she felt about her "punishment," but she knew deep down that this vampire, despite his anger, despite his great strength, would never harm her. In fact, she shivered with desire a little as she thought about the ideas that he had.

Mikhail, sitting next to Ember, watching her eat, could smell the desire rise from her body as she shivered. Releasing a growl, he picked her up bridal style and carried her to their room.