Is It Over?

Ember lay quietly, holding her babies. She couldn't remember ever being so exhausted in her life. She was struggling to keep her eyes open and her breathing was becoming quite difficult. Arianna was the first to notice, along with the merfolk healer. Turning quickly to Aelfdane, she hissed out a few quick words.

"Where is your King. Your Queen will die if he doesn't turn her soon. The birth has drawn to much from her human body and she will not survive much longer!"

Aelfdane felt the weight of his responsibility to his queen. Just as he was deciding what action to take, the subject of their conversation appeared.

Esmeralda, the merflok healer appraoched him. " My Lord, you must turn her. She will die if you do not."

Mikhail looked over to his now frail looking mate. Taking in her ashen skin and sunken eye, realizing that she was struggling to breath. Rushing to her side, he gently took her in his arms as bloody tears ran down his face. "My love," He whispered gently in her ear. Upon hearing her mate, Ember tried to open her eyes, It was just so difficult.

"Mikhail, promise me.....promise me to raise them......"Ember stopped speaking. Every creature in the clearing listened as her heart slowed down and was about to beat it's last, when, "Your Majesty! You must hurry! Bite her and transfer your blood to her so that she might live! Live as you do! If you do not, she will die." Esmeralda urged. Her statement causing many of the supernaturals to hiss in anger and pain. NO! They had just found their queen, they could not lose her.

Mikhail, thinking the same thing, knowing that if he lost her, he would become far too feral for anyone to stop. Leaning down, not wasting a single second, he allowed his fangs to descend and sink deep into Ember's carotid artery, drawing her rich, spicy blood into his mouth. Just as he heard her heart flicker, he sliced open his chest over his heart and pulled her to it. Mikhail viciously took control of Ember's  mind. Something that he had promised her he would never do. Forcing her to drink the rich blood flowing from his heart, he watched as she gulped it down like someone dying of thirst. He watched as she drank his blood. Her heartrate quicken and color soon returned to her cheeks. Something else was happening. Ember was becoming aroused. He could smell it, and so could every other supernatural creature in the clearing. Mikhail hissed out a warning, should anyone think to approach his mate. He almost pulled Esmeralda's arm off when she gently laid a hand on his shoulder, but stopped himself when he realized who it was. 

"Your Majesty, your mate is quite safe now. You may stop feeding her. I have cleared the area, so that this could be done with some degree of privacy. I apologize that I was not good enough to save the queen myself, and I offer myself for your judgement." Esmeralda stood just behind him with her head hung in shame. Never had she lost anyone in childbirth.

Mikhail gently released his mate's mind as she licked his cut closed, causing him to shiver. Gently, he laid her back and turned to the merwoman. "You are not without considerable skills, correct? Also, you have never delivered hybrid children before, either. Is this also correct? Plus the fact that my mate has been held captive for the last three weeks and her physical condition unknown to you. All of these things are correct, are they not? But yet, you think that I would take your life in punishment. No healer. You have done well, bringing my children into the world. My love would never forgive me if I took a life out of anger. Thus, healer, you are allowed to leave with your life." Turning he motioned his twins caregivers over so that he may see and hold his children.

Looking at them, he spoke, "The queen needs to be in a warm bed and allowed to sleep. However, the twins will require her milk and her blood. As the twins have chosen you both as their caregivers, you will come to live in the mansion with us. Do either of you have a mate?" At their negative reply, Mikhail turned and motioned for them to follow.