WATCHING

unknown POV

They had no idea how close he could get. That fool Dumitri was too caught up in his own mate to protect her. It was really such a shame. She truly did have a fragile beauty. He didn't have to wonder why his nephew was smitten with her.

He fingered the scar by his eye. In all of the years, it had never faded. The Turks had been known for their cruelty. That night, they had proved it wasn't a rumor. He remember being tied up and screaming as they tortured him for information about his nephew's whereabouts. When they had realized that he really didn't have any information, their cruelty had increased instead of ceasing.

When the Turks had realized that he was other than human, they had relished his screams of agony. Laughing at his pain. They would continually slice open his flesh and then watched it heal. They had held him for a week before his men, with their inhuman strength, had stormed the fortress and rescued him. 

During his recovery, he had experienced horrible nightmares. He would wake drenched in sweat and reeking of fear, shaking. He had made a promise to himself, that his nephew would know, not only the physical agony he experienced. But, that he would also know the mental torment, as well.

Chuckling to himself, he turned to walk back to his car, leaving a black ribbon tied to the gate. It was almost time to put his plan in place.With his nephew's human mate pregnant with a hybrid child and vulnerable, Mikhail would be easy to knock off balance. Once everything was in  place and the time was right, he would take the little redhead, and cut the babies from her while she screamed out her horror and pain. His nephew would break. 

Chuckling to himself, he got in and started the beat up car that seemed to blend in to the night.