eight

GENEVIEVE WAS OVERWHELMED with emotion. She had awoken to the sunlight filtering into her room, per usual. But today was different; today she would go to the cafe and see Giovanni. She also couldn't forget that she didn't have any classes today, and that was a godsend in itself.

Petal was once again curled up against her side and purring animatedly. Genevieve simply could not get over how adorable her little kitten was. She would spoil her and coddle her until her very last breath, but she didn't have time for that today. Genevieve had to prepare for her day at the cafe. She only hoped that Giovanni wouldn't forget to meet her there.

She swept her bedsheets off her legs and sat up with Petal in her lap. "I'm so excited, my little snowball. But what if Giovanni never shows up?" Her lower lip trembled vigorously at the thought of being stood up. He had gone through the trouble to send her a lavish gift--or at least she presumed it was him who had sent it--and she hated to think it would all go to waste. She had even risked confiding in her grandfather, and he was much too overprotective to tell him things about her nonexistent relationship.

Birds were chirping harmoniously outside her window, and Genevieve almost gave in to the urge to stair outside as she sat on her windowsill all day. She loved to survey her surroundings and savor the beautiful nature surrounding her. Bluebirds peeked at her from behind her sheet white curtains. "Oh, little birdies, are you excited for my day too?" She giggled at herself, how peculiar she must seem to be!

She gave Petal one more gentle pat on the head before standing from her bed and placing her down on her bed. "Should I wear the dress I received?" She gnawed on her bottom lip, as she usually did when she was either nervous or deeply pondering something, weighing her options. "I think I'm going to wear the dress; it's just so beautiful. And I think I'll wear the necklace too." She opened the neatly put together box and unfolded the gorgeous dress once again. She was delighted to find it smelt of fresh vanilla: a scent she adored.

     Genevieve stripped her satin nightie from her body and untied the ribbon that held her golden locks in a thick braid.  Genevieve's sunshine hair fell almost to her elbows in beautiful curls; they accentuated her petite stature and tiny face.  She was a vision of purity and innocence--you could practically see the halo that hovered above her head.

     Genevieve slipped the gorgeous dress on and relished in the comfort of the fabric against her chilled porcelain skin.  She gently picked up the smaller velvet box that held the gorgeous necklace and clasped that around her neck quickly.  She flounced over to her bureau mirror and twirled while giggling animatedly.  She gently patted a thin layer of slightly sparkly lipgloss across her pouty lips.  She forwent mascara, for her lashes were long, thick, and inky enough to frame her almost violet eyes in an innocent, untainted way.

She turned to Petal with a small before grabbing her small white crochet purse. Genevieve shoved her small phone into it along with her lip gloss and ballpoint pen and notebook. "Time for breakfast, snowball." She picked Petal up and pet her fur as she walked towards the kitchen with a pep in her step. Genevieve hummed quietly as she placed a soft kiss on her grandfather's cheek and put Petal down by her bowl of cat food.

"Good morning, grandpa!" She grinned cheekily as she sat down at the island. Her grandfather sent her a warm smile and placed a cup of orange juice and a plate of scrambled eggs along with two pieces of bacon. She squealed before instantly digging into the delicious food. Genevieve happily savored each bite while she took occasional sips of her juice. "Can you give me a ride to the cafe? Clarissa has classes today, s-so she can't."

Her grandfather ruffled her loose hair and placed another kiss on her forehead. "Of course, just brush your teeth and then we'll head out." Genevieve nodded before running towards her bathroom to do exactly as he had said.