~ PROLOGUE ~

"On the coldest nights
I'll look for your glow
among the burning embers
of your fiery soul.

I'll sift through the ashes
in search of the spark
that ignited my mind
and lit up my heart."

—Christy Ann Martine

…………………………………………

**PROLOGUE**

>> Kevin Warhol as Lorenzo Sparks

~Lorenzo Sparks~

Carefully, I sat on the edge of the bed beside him while he was still sleeping. 

Taking a moment to admire his handsome features...

His thick eyebrows are creasing into a frown - marring his gorgeous face.

I wonder what he's dreaming about?

I wish I could make all the bad things go away.

Anything... to see him happy.

He has short auburn hair, tanned skin, sharp pointed nose, chiseled stubbled jaw, long lashes that are fanning his cheeks and delectable full lips that are still haunting me in my dreams.

"--You know what? I could have wished for you to love me back at a shooting star–if they really do make wishes come true... Or have you drunk a love potion, so that I could instantly have you all to myself..." I said softly while staring at his face.

His eyes are still closed as I gently brushed a stray lock of hair away from his face.

I clicked my tongue, "But I would do none of that,"

"--you wanna know why?" I breathe out.

"It's because... Even though I'm crazy in love with you, I'm sane enough not to bear having to force you onto something you don't want...j-just so that I could be happy." I stuttered

A lone tear escaped my eye and slid down my cheek, giving away my traitorous emotions.

With a shaky breath I continued.

"That's not how I want us to be."

My eyes are still blurry from tears as I look down, sniffling, and trying to wipe my face with the end of my sleeves.

"Shut up, will you?"

My heart stopped for a moment there - after hearing his familiar voice. It instantly froze me to my spot.

Cold sweat trickled down the side of my neck from my obvious uneasiness and my hands also turned clammy.

He really caught me off guard for a second there.

But when I dared to look up to gauge his reaction. I gasped... after seeing an amused look on his cerulean eyes and a cocky smirk plastered on his sinful lips.

Sexy bastard.

We're just staring at each other for a while now. But he's the first one to break the awkward silence.

"So…" he started, dragging the 'o' in a singsong voice, "--you love me, Huh?" he said teasingly

My face went thermonuclear instantly and he just chuckled at my reaction as I glared hard at him.

"You should have seen that look on your face, baby..." He snickers and starts cackling like a hyena while pointing his finger at me as he clutches his stomach.

"-a-and, and that blush! Hahaha! Damn, from now on I should call you cherry!"

I swear, this man is so impossible sometimes! I just wanna hide inside a hole somewhere or have the ground swallow me whole, just so I could die and escape from further embarrassment.

I grit my teeth, groan and grab two fistfuls of my hair yanking them exasperatedly.

I closed my eyes, trying to calm my frantic heartbeat.

Ugh!

Fuck My Life!

I thought to myself.

_____________________________

Author's Note:

Hola! Orion here! 👋

What do you guys think about the story so far?

This is my first ever story by the way, I hope you liked it.

Peace Out! 😉