CHAPTER FIVE ~ Sparks

Chapter 5 ~ Sparks

~Kaleb Embers~

Who would have thought that jaded ole me would agree to marry another man—and a girly man at that.

Given any other circumstances, I would have declined the offer. But this is Pops "Great Best Friend" Lawrence dying that we're talking about. He's always been there for us whenever we needed him and now he needs our help. My help to be exact.

I know Lorenzo “Enzo” or Renzo and I were not the first gay couple in the world. My Pops was well aware from the beginning that I'm straight as a pole. But really? Arranged Marriage? We're not in the medieval times anymore.

And for what, huh? A theory of theirs about reproduction so that we all don't go extinct like the dinosaurs? Pops must have really thought of me as a lost cost then, 'cause he gladly offered me on a silver platter like a sacrificial lamb.

I know it's been years of me used to being single, way before this all-female apocalypse... Always reserving myself only for Abby, until it's already too late. But I don't think I can do it right now. I'm still grieving—dammit! This is really just very bad timing for me.

I remember playing with Enzo when we were little and I used to always make him cry. Let's just say that I'm his least favorite person in the world and in all the people here in The City of Ovis Flok.

And he must have forgotten me now, but I won't. I can't forget how much of a crybaby he was back then.

“Lorenzo Sparks” was his former name. I used to even call him Sparkles just to rile him up.

Now his name is altered to
“Lorenzo Embers” on our marriage contract after receiving my last name.

Can we really survive this marriage? Or will we just crash and burn in the end, just like the rest?

Lord. Please help us.

____________________________________

[Please don't forget to vote on this chapter. Thank you!]