CHAPTER FIFTEEN ~ Storm

Chapter 15 ~ Storm

~Kaleb Embers~

Max came back after a while...

He has just finished removing his apron when he entered the living room.

He was gone in the kitchen for about an hour, I think.

"You good, man?" He asked

"Yeah, thanks." I replied

"Great. I'm done cooking so let's go eat at the dining table."

"Okay, thank you." I stood up and followed him.

______

"Anyways, I forgot to ask about your last name, Max?" I asked him once we're done eating.

"It's Sparks. My name is Maxwell Sparks." He replied

"Sparks?"

"Yeah, why?" He asked

"Are you by any chance related to Lawrence Sparks?"

"Yes, he's my uncle. How did you know him?" He asked, before a lightning flashed, followed by a booming thunder.

"Kaleb." Said by a soft familiar voice

We didn't even hear the door opening because of the storm.

So I turned my head to check who it was.

And there behold my precious wife standing at the door.

His hair is soaking wet from the rain and he looked so pale as if he just saw a ghost.

"Enzo?" I managed to say. While Max stood up immediately and sauntered to my wife.

"Baby, what's going on? Do you know this guy?" He asked worriedly, while cupping my wife's cheek and rubbing his arm affectionately.

I can still hear the thunder rumbling as another lightning flashed.

"I'm his husband." I answered for Enzo 'cause it doesn't seem like he could answer in his shocked state.

"YOU'RE. THE. KALEB EMBERS!?" Max slowly turned his head and snarled at me. "I should've known."

"Yup, that's me. Small world, isn't it? I came here to retrieve my wife." I said matter-of-factly

"Hell No! The fuck you're getting him back, Asshole! He's staying here with us!" He yelled angrily, before standing in front of my wife protectively, obscuring my view.

"So much for being a nice guy, I see." I said mockingly

"My attitude depends on who I'm talking to." He snarled at me

"Yeah? Too bad I thought we were actually getting along earlier." I smirked at him playfully.

"I think you should go." He said while pointing at the door. And I just shook my head.

"Oh, no. I'm definitely not leaving my wife here with you, not before he hears me out."

"Sorry, but he doesn't want to talk to you-"

"-What are you to him, huh? You couldn't possibly be his boyfriend 'cause first of all you're cousins, so that's basically incest. And most importantly, He's MINE!!" I hissed

"Leave now, before I even call the police." He threatened me, but I just chuckled at him.

"And tell them what? Huh? That I'm trying to kidnap my own wife? HE. BELONGS. TO. ME. FUCKER!"

"Not anymore, bastard!"

"Until my last breath, he's mine and only mine. Now get your hands off my wife, before I forget my manners and break them."

"You're gonna have to kill me first before you get him!"

"No need for that, Max. Please... Come on, I'm not gonna hurt him."

"You already did, bastard!" he let out a deep animalistic growl before he lunged forward to punch me, but I was able to dodge the hit.

He tried again so I punched him hard in the face, leaving him choking on his own bloody nose.

That should calm him down.

His messed up alpha hormones is trying to claim a mate, when he's just stealing what's already MINE.

"What on earth is going on here?!" yelled by my Father-in-law Lawrence as he got inside the house.

That's when I noticed that my wife is lying on the floor unconscious, so I quickly rushed to his side and pulled him in my arms.

"Wifey, wake up." I tried shaking him but to no avail, I'm not getting any response. He's breathing, but his temperature is high.

"Kaleb. What did you guys do?" Lawrence asked with a voice full of concern.

"I'm sorry, Dad. I didn't mean to cause yet another trouble. But that man-child nephew of yours wouldn't let me get near my wife, I just want to talk to him."

"It's okay, Son. I'm glad that you found Lorenzo. But can you take him to the hospital? My child looks pale as a ghost."

"Alright, Dad."

"...And you, Maxwell. Stay here and let his husband do what he has to do. Be a good man. I expected a lot from you, you're better than this."

"I'm so sorry, Uncle Lance. I just love Enzo too much, I was blinded by my hate."

"You should know better. Hate is like poison; it destroys everything it touches." Lawrence added

"Come on, Dad. Let's go now." I carried Enzo to Dad's car and we took him to the nearest hospital.

________________________________

[Please don't forget to vote on this chapter. Thank you!]