CHAPTER TWO ~ Perish

Chapter 2 ~ Perish

>> Kirill Dowidoff as Kaleb Embers

~Kaleb Embers~

(Year 2030: Present Day)

Two years ago...

...something terrible happened. It's like we're all being punished by the heavens or something.

Nobody saw it coming.

It's a thief in the night that robbed us all of everyone dear to us.

We lost so much in just a blink of an eye.

Some say, being robbed is better than a house fire 'cause you can still earn back the things you have lost. Wherein the fire “all is lost” nothing can be salvaged.

I beg to differ.

Nothing, and I mean “nothing” could ever compare to this tragedy. 'Cause this is some serious shit.

Just like some kind of twisted joke fate played to torture us all.

I wake up every morning, hoping that this is all just a dream. That somehow someone would tell me that I'm just crazy for thinking such things.

But NO. This is all real.

Too damn real, it freaking hurts to even breathe.

One would say that this might be every gay man's perverted fantasy, a paradise even.

But not for all...

I lost my loved one's during the process.

It's a nightmare, only that my eyes were wide open.

It's like hell on earth, minus the infernal fire.

Really, huh? A World Without Women in it?

Whoever did this thing better run fast... because I swear I will hunt him down to the ends of the earth just so I could make him pay for it.

And oh yeah, before I forget. If you're wondering about what caused this tragedy?

Scientists said that it's some kind of an airborne killer virus that targeted the female species.

And it succeeded by effectively wiping them all out from the face of the earth, just like they never existed.

An All-Female Apocalypse as what they call it.

Is this natural selection?

Nobody knows.

Because up to now, the origin of the virus is still a mystery. And we're all still freaked out about it. Literally-everyone is in a state of shock.

One unfortunate morning, females all over the world with no exception of age just wouldn't wake up. They show no signs of life and no heartbeat.

If I would have known this would happen before, I could have spent more time with my loved ones. I could have asked out my best friend Abby and told her that I've been in love with her for so long, but I'm just too cowardly to admit it back then.

Now,

—I lost all the chances in the world to do it...

Forever.

And it's final.

No more next time.

No more second chances.

I guess... you'll never really know what you have until you lose it.

________________________________

Author's Note:

I know, this is a really mellow chapter. But don't drop the book just yet, because the best is yet to come! 🌈

[Please don't forget to vote on this chapter. Thank you!]