CHAPTER SIX ~ Moon

Chapter 6 ~ Moon

~Lorenzo Sparks~

How did I get myself into this situation?

I don't even know what I'm doing right now.

Here I am...

...in Kaleb's room, inside his ginormous mansion—

And dumbly sitting on his bed.

I still can't believe it, everything happened so fast.

That bastard who used to bully me when we were kids is now my fucking husband.

And the worst part of it all, is that we didn't even have a formal wedding or a ring for that matter.

It's definitely not the marriage that I'm aiming for, being the sappy romantic that I am.

Jeez, this will definitely take a lot of getting used to.

Times really have changed now with all the legal stuff and the apocalypse.

Pops, Kaleb's Dad–is a lawyer as far as I can remember. And that explains the instant marriage contract.

If it wasn't for my Dad's dying wish, I wouldn't go as far as putting myself through all this trouble and signing those damn papers.

And speaking of trouble, where exactly did my so-called husband go?

I look around his spacious room, now noticing how bare it is.

He had plain white walls with some of his pictures hanging from it, a few trinkets and large golden trophies lined up on his desk neatly. There is also a walk-in closet, a wooden bedside table with a lamp on it, air-conditioning over a massive king size bed with blood red covers and white fluffy pillows. Yeah, that's just about it.

I wonder what he's expecting of me, though? Is he still the same asshole that I knew back then?

Probably.

I know he's just acting sweet to me earlier at the Café for my Dad's sake.

Can I really trust him?

We didn't get along well before.

And as if on cue, the door creaked open—revealing the devil himself.

I suddenly felt shivers run up my spine as he went inside with graceful strides and locked the door behind him.

“Hey, baby. How are you doing?” he asked casually, as if we've been dating for so long.

“Oh, please. Cut the shit Kaleb. Nobody's watching us anymore...” After that he loosen his tie around his neck and sauntered towards me like a predator circling his prey.

I stiffened, feeling cornered all of a sudden as he crowded my personal space.

His smoldering blue eyes are still not leaving mine like we're having a staring contest.

“Well, aren't you the feisty one?”
he snickers and raised the back of his hand to touch my cheek but I swatted it away.

“Aww... Easy, baby. Don't be that way. Tonight's supposed to be our honeymoon...” His voice is heavily laced with sarcasm, and I swear he's getting way too close for comfort. So I tried to push him away.

“Get away from me or else I'll scream!” I protested, panting heavily. I think he could probably hear my rapid heartbeat.

“Now, now, Renzo...”

“—it's Enzo.” I corrected, effectively cutting him off mid-sentence before he narrowed his eyes at me.

“Tsk. Tsk. Renzo... Is that how you treat your husband?” he scolded, sternly. Like I was some kind of petulant child.

He got serious all of a sudden like his mask finally went off—gone are the teasings. Before he unceremoniously stripped down his armani suit in front of me. Leaving only his tight red boxers that leaves nothing to the imagination.

I quickly looked away before he could catch me staring.

Though I think he already knows and purposely flaunted himself to intimidate me. Or it could also be that he just lacks a sense of modesty.

“I'm feeling sleepy already. So let's call it a night, yeah?” He said after a moment, and yawned. I noticed that he is now dressed in his pajamas after he said that. Thank heavens...

I scooted away from him as he climbed up the bed to lay down on his side. I remained sitting at the edge of the bed, and from there I noticed the fascinating view of the beautiful moon from outside the window.

“By the way, if you're not going to sleep yet, please do not disturb me unless you're dying, okay?” he said to me coldly

I turned my gaze on him, seeing his back facing me now. I swallowed the bubble of emotions that I felt from his hostility.

He then chose that exact moment to turn off the lamp on his bedside table abruptly. And the room was suddenly bathed in darkness. It's like I wasn't even there.

I gasped and choked back a sob that threatened to escape my lips and covered my mouth with my hands.

I don't want him thinking that I'm still that weak kid before, if he ever sees me crying again.

So with a heavy heart, I get in the covers and laid my head on the pillow before closing my eyes.

All this time, knowing fully well that he's just sleeping beside me without a care in the world.

The last thought in my mind before I drifted to sleep was...

How can I possibly survive another night with him?

I really miss my Dad. 😢

____________________________________

[Please don't forget to vote on this chapter. Thank you!]