Chapter 1: A deal with a Devil

"Yo, DP!"

Danny looked up from the book he was reading to face a familiar person floating towards him. Not everyone will call him a person, though. After all, a one eyed living dorito with a tie and hat, having no mouth but somehow being able to talk more than average person...this isn't what you see daily. If you aren't Phantom.

"Hey, Bill," he said nonchalantly, before returning back to his reading. His tone clearly stated that he wasn't planning on starting the conversation. But Danny knew it was fruitless, it always was. And he was right, Bill ignored his tone yet again and floated closer. Phantom made an interesting assumption - the smaller magical creature is, it becomes equally more annoying. Cypher was quarter his size, which made him four times annoying.

What could be said about Bill? Besides the fact that he breaks the laws of reality by being two-dimensional yellow triangle. An utterly insane maniac, he is. How old he was, Danny guessed that Bill must have been at least older than dollar. The fact that his face is seen more often than presidents on the front side was his personal pride.

What hobbies he has? Tormenting humans in their dreams for the most part, Freddie Krueger wannabe. When Danny mentioned this fact to Mr. Dorito, he actually broke laughing and said that Krueger was his creation, his child, the last thing sounded really weird. Danny was glad that he doesn't need to sleep. Phantom always gave the demon benefit of doubt, since most of his stories were hard to believe. Speaking of, spending time with 'DP' was his another favorite hobbie. He didn't dare to torment anyone in the Ghost Zone, his power was that of a fly there, comparing to the power of ghosts, maybe ectoplasm in the air interfered, but Bill kept telling that he possesses an incredible power out of this world. He once invited Danny for tea, but he politely disagreed.

There were no proves of his power, since Bill was only in four places: his domain, Human World, namely some little town, which name Phantom couldn't recall, and around Phantom himself. However, Danny decided to keep Cypher in check, in case he decides to take over the world. That happened AFTER Bill decided to be Phantom's BFF, without the last one's agreement. Maybe it had something to do with protection, since, again, he has a little to no power in ghosts' world, and hanging around one of the most powerful ones surely grants him that protection.

And though Cypher talked 24/7, Phantom had fun in company of the dream demon. Oh, Skulker will remember what they had done for eternity. It was funny when he wasn't interrupting his personal time. In that moments Danny found Bill's companionship rather annoying and driving to the point of insanity.

"DP!" Bill squealed. If that sound escaping his nonexistent mouth could be considered a squeal, "How you are doing, buddy?"

"Just fine," Danny answered, before getting up from his soft sofa and floating towards the highest bookshelf. He needs to pay a visit to Ghostwriter soon. Phantom glanced back at his friend, "You?"

"Everything is just perfect! I have a new magnificent story for ya!" Danny prepared himself for a story full of insanity. He shuddered inwardly. That story about blood, intrigues, decapitated head and a lot of cheese was stuck in his head for the rest of his afterlife.

"Oh, is that so?" Danny asked curiously, without looking back and picking another book.

"Yeeeep!" Bill flopped on Phantom's stark haired head, after becoming smaller in size. Danny would have shaken it in amusement, but his head now had a passenger. Bill didn't weight anything at all, so it wasn't bothering. "Guess what it is about?"

"Hm, let me thiink," Danny said longingly, tapping on his chin with his finger, "It has something to do with that 'Pine tree', am I right?"

"How did you know that?" Bill said pitifully, kicking hair out of the place with his small leg.