Chapter 4: Another side

It was quiet. Too quiet. Not even an owl's howling. The night forest didn't seem very dangerous so far, though. Unless you consider becoming insane from the lack of sounds (and such thing actually exists) a danger.

"Psst, DP."

Well, that didn't last long. Danny looked to the side and saw Bill floating nearby. "What is it?" He asked the dream demon.

"I wanted to ask, what exactly are you planning to do?"

Phantom shrugged. "Dunno, maybe find some beast and kick its ass. I hadn't practiced in a while."

Bill huffed. "And they say I'm bloodthirsty. Tell you what, you ain't gonna find anything worthy here. For that you will need to go further in the forest," he pointed in actually random direction, before hearing a growl. "Or maybe it will find you."

"It's just my stomach," Danny said, before snapping his fingers and a bag of chips appeared in his hands. Bill stared wide eyed at the act.

"Since when you could do that?!" He exclaimed, making Phantom grin.

"Well, I learned a few spells," he said, opening the bag and chewing the first dorito. "I put a spell on my bag so I could summon whatever I want from there, wanna some?" He offered the snack to his friend, who took it in his hand and examined.

"That's weeeird," he said longingly, before shrugging. Then his eye turned into mouth and he ate it and chewed. "Wow, that's awesome!" He exclaimed before looking at his friend, "DP?"

Danny stared wide eyed at the scene, frozen in...shock? Disgust? Probably both. Without getting response, Bill put his hand inside the bag, desiring for more of that snack. Phantom snapped out of stupor and moved it away from the demon. "Hey!" He exclaimed. "Give it to me!"

"Not when you eat like this. That's disgusting!"

"How else am I supposed to?! I don't have a mouth!" Bill shouted in exasperation. Phantom narrowed his eyes, before sighing.

"Just don't eat in front of me," he let Bill have more of the snack, which made him squeal in delight. "So, what was that about the forest?"

"Go that way," Bill said nonchalantly, before munching the chips behind Danny's back.

They went, or floated in Cypher's case, for another while. The lack of light didn't bother them, they both could see in darkness. And so far there wasn't a single sign of any creature. What Wendy was worried about was beyond Danny's understatement. Maybe more feral beasts smelled what he was and preferred to get away.

"Looks like we should head back, don't ya think so?" Bill asked. Phantom hummed in thought.

"Yeah, probably. But I think we are lost," Cypher looked around.

"Yep. What shall we do?"

"Ask the bypassers?" Danny offered sarcastically.

"I know, we shall ask the bypassers! I'm genius, right?" He nudged the ghost teen, who stared at him disbelievingly. "No need to answer that," Bill whispered, putting a finger on Danny's mouth. "I know I am."

Then they heard a rustling in bushes. And while Bill became invisible, Danny only grinned. Slowly and without making a sound, he was approaching the bush. His hand slowly ignited with green light. Then, in one swift movement, he moved them away and prepared to blast whatever was in there. Phantom, however didn't expect it to be so small.

"Shmebulock!"

A gnome. Of all horrible beasts living in this forest he got a gnome. With a red pointed hat, a blue shirt and a shaggy gray beard, mustache, buck teeth, and crooked gray eyebrows. He had a rather silly expression on his face.