Chapter 2: City Boy arrives

"Wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty!"

Danny's eyes abruptly snapped open, before a green blast erupted from his hand in the direction of the sound. Danny heard a loud surprised yelp by his side. He sighed, running a hand through his already messy hair.

"Flames between, Cypher, how much times I need to tell you not to sneak up on me when I'm meditating?"

Bill extinguished a small green flame on his top with two fingers.

"Well excuse me, but you weren't moving for, like, five HOURS."

"Well, it's just the technique...now wait a second...you were watching me for five darn hours?"

"Seven," Bill muttered, before regaining his composure. "Your furry pets almost got me twice. That's not very nice. Wow, step aside Shakespeare, a new poet has arrived!"

"'Not very nice' is spying over me," Danny got up from a small carpet and fixed his clothes, consisting blue torn jeans and black T-shirt. "And for the note, they are not my 'pets', they are just friends who let me stay with them."

"You mean worshipping you?" Danny stopped on his tracks for a moment, before shrugging.

"I guess that too. So, is it time to go?"

"Yeep. I hope you..." Danny situated a duffelbag on his shoulder, "packed your belongings. When did you..."

"That's called duplication, my friend, duplication."

"No, that's called lazyness."

"Call it whatever you want," Danny put on the black jacket as Bill situated on his head again, and opened the door.

It was a peaceful day in FarFrozen. If not for the typical black and green abyss in the sky, this village, inhabited by a race of huge ghost yetis, would have looked like typical countryside somewhere in Canada or Iceland. Some small kids were doing snow activities, while adults were doing their casual business. All of them, however, cheerfully greeted the ghost teen. Of course they will.

He is their hero and protector. Even if FarFrozen tribe was not the one to be messed with, as they were the most powerful users of an Ice Core, no one was willing to attack them after Phantom started to live there. It was beneficial for Danny as well. Vlad would have searched all across the Human World for him, but yeti ghosts were really protective of their hero. So they protected each other.

It was unbelievable how much his life had changed in only half of the year. Back then his biggest concern was not to fail the latest exam due to the lack of sleep and time for studying. Now he had plenty of time. And most of it he spent either in books, trainings or meditation. The last thing was for keeping his psychic in check, this technique was taught to him by Clockwork in order to avoid horrible depression and repeating the same mistakes. One mistake held inside Fenton Thermos was enough.

Danny couldn't leave without saying goodbye. And most of the folk were in the Mess Hall at thatbtime. Why was it called like that? Well...

"Duck!" Danny did as was told. But Bill still sat on his head, and he hadn't had a possibility to avoid being hit by a medium-well fried steak. He yelped loudly in surprise and Phantom had to choke his laugh. Bill was floating in the air with a deadpan expression and the steak slowly slipping down and falling on the floor, leaving a brown line.

Ah, food fights, that was mostly the reason Danny often just took the food and ate at home.

"Great One!" Phantom turned to the side and grinned. There was a tall ghost with a hand made entirely out of ice and dressed in blue and yellow robe.