Chapter 3: Getting acquainted

"So, what brings you here in our little town?" Wendy asked, while she and Danny were walking through the streets of Gravity Falls.

"Well, you can say that my friend 'advised' me to come here. He just wouldn't shut up about it."

"Is that someone I know?"

"No, I doubt that," Danny answered, 'But knowing Bill, you will find out soon,' he added mentally without a slightest enthusiasm. "Actually, we made a bet out of it," Danny chuckled. "That I will remain in one piece till the end of the summer."

"Where are you from?"

"Well, my temporary residence is on the second floor of the Shack, my door is always opened. Besides the times it is not," they both laughed, "And as for your question, I am from Amity Park."

"Never heard of it."

"It's in Illinois."

"Nah, still don't recall anything. Wait, you made all this way from there only for some bet?"

"Hey, I am a workless teen, I need to entertain myself somehow."

"And your parents are fine with you traveling half across the country?"

"I'm afraid it's a very bad phone connection in there," Danny pointed at the sky.

"Oh," Wendy said uncomfortably, understanding what he meant.

"That's okay, you didn't know. Where are your friends, anyway?" Danny changed the topic.

"We planned to meet at...oh, here they are!" Wendy was glad to change topics too.

Danny saw how two boys were aiming darts at the apple on the third one's head. That is one weird...he should stop calling things weird. He should just start calling things normal, it will be much easier.

"A-are you sure it's safe?" The one with an apple on his head asked nervously.

"Relax, dude, it's totally safe," dark skinned teen answered, continuing to aim, but not without high-fiving the blond one.

"Hey guys!" Wendy greeted and probably saved the guy with the apple from a painful death.

"Hey Wendy," the teens greeted back, "Who is the dude?"

"Danny Fenton," was his short response. "I'm staying here for a while."

"Alright Danny, this is Lee, Nate and Thompson," Wendy introduced them, "And over there is Tambry," she pointed at the girl with purple hair and pink highlight Danny hadn't noticed before. Tambry briefly glanced up from her phone, before returning to type something on it. Danny had a feeling that they would have gotten along with Tucker.

"Dude, what's with this scar?" Thompson asked.

Danny took the apple from his head. "That's what happens when you don't take needed precautions," he smirked at his terrified gaze, before making a bite. "So, what are you up to, guys?"

"Well, at first we planned to write on a wall of Old Man McGucket's home..." Lee started, "But we are out of paint...plus that's kinda boring when he is sleeping."

"And..." Wendy inquired.

"We hadn't thought this through good enough."

"Well," Danny said slowly, "On our way here I noticed one place and I might have an idea."

No one saw a devious grin on his face.

-Later-

"It was a horrible idea, dude!" Nate screamed to Lee, who was shaking like a leaf in fear, clutching his gun tightly.