Chapter 9

Cierra woke up in her own bed. She moved her arm and realised it was around something. Cracking open her eyes, she was met with the top of Mila's head. Cierra blinked and a light blush spread across her cheek. 

      Cierra had her arm wrapped around Mila. A black tablet was propped up, and the screen was off. Cierra remembered the previous night, her and Mila snuggled up and watched The Fox and the Hound 2. Cierra carefully tried to remove her arm from around Mila. The still sleeping girl gripped Cierra's arm and groaned in her sleep.
     Cierra gently shook her awake. "Mila. Mila wake up."
     Mila opened her eyes slowly. "Cierra?" Mila let go of her arm.
     Cierra chuckled lightly. "Wake up sleepy head, we have papers."
     Mila groaned again and threw the covers off her, standing up. "Whyyy?" Mila whined.
     Cierra shrugged. "This is what happens when your boss does virtually nothing."
     Cierra climbed out of her bed and stretched. Mila dragged her feet as she put on slippers and walked to the kitchen where a stack of papers was waiting for them. Mila huffed, and plopped down in a chair. Cierra followed, peppy as usual. She put on a pot of coffee and hummed 'Good Doggie, No Bone' from the movie. Mila sighed.
     "How are you actually happy? It's the morning, and I have to be active..." Mila let her head fall on the table, creating a loud bang on the table.
     "Mila, you okay?" Cierra held in a laugh.
     Mila held up her thumb. "I can hear you keeping in a laugh." Mila raised her head. "Stop that, I'm not a morning person, you know this."
          Cierra tried, and failed to hold in more laughs. Mika glared at her. Cierra burst out laughing as she poured Mila a cup of coffee. Mila out both hands around the mug.
     "Can I have sugar?" Mila asked mid way through a yawn.
     Cierra handed Mila large container of sugar. Mila began scooping spoonful after spoonful of the sweet substance, whilst Cierra poured herself a cup and sat down at the table. Mila was still putting sugar in her coffee.
     "Mila, how can you even go near that thing with all that sugar?" Cierra sipped her coffee. She didn't put any sugar in hers.
     "Same reason as you can you drink your coffee without any sugar, I like it." Mila shot back as she began stirring.
     Cierra shrugged. "Fair enough."
     She sipped her coffee and took a part of the huge stack of papers off the table, and set them in front of her. Mila groaned and took a small chunk as well. Cierra handed Mila a pen,and they got to work.
     Marking, crossing out, signing, refusing to sign, shredding, were all things the girls had to take care of. After about two and a half hours, Mila started to perk up a little bit from the coffee and excess amount of sugar. Cierra put her pen down and sighed. Mila still was reading and writing away at her stack. Cierra grabbed the pen from her and set it down.
     "You know, we have five days to do this, let's do something fun."
     Mila stared blankly at her. "Are you crazy?" Cierra tilted her head. "If we put this off, we're never going to finish it." She looked Cierra in the eye.
     "We'll do it tomorrow, we've got a pretty good chunk done, let's have some fun!" Cierra made puppy eyes at Mila.
     Mila kept staring at Cierra for a few seconds. Finally she sighed and looked away.
     "Fine...what did you have in mind?" Mila gave in.
     Cierra smiled. "If I tell you now, you're going to ruin the surprise."
     Mika sighed once more. "Please no bugs this time."
     Cierra chuckled. "Come on, get dressed, I'll meet you in the car!"
     Before Mila could say anything else, or even sigh again, Cierra walked away from the girl at the table. Mila reluctantly got up and went to the bathroom to brush her hair and to her and Cierra's shared bedroom, to throw on a black hoodie, and black jeans. She walked to the front door, and out of the house. Making sure to lock the door after her, she proceeded to the car where Cierra was waiting for her. Mila climbed into the passenger seat and they were off.
          It was almost noon, Mila's stomach growled. They hadnt had any breakfast, or snacks since they woke up. Cierra turned into a McDonald's Drive through. The two ordered and then they were off again. Mila and Cierra ate their food in the car. Cierra put on sunglasses as she drove. Mila chuckled at her. Cierra looked like a basic white girl to her. Driving a silver car, wearing sunglasses when they weren't necessarily needed, and sipping coffee out of a plastic McDonalds cup.
     Cierra very well knew what she looked like to Mila, so she turned on the radio to newest pop songs and nodded to the beat of the song currently playing. Mila laughed and started to get into the song. Cierra turned up the music, and so they became the people you could hear before you see them pull up.
     Cierra drove them out of town. The two were still jamming out to the radio. Mila started to wonder where they were going. Cierra turned the music louder as their favorite song of all time came on.
     Cierra pulled into the parking lot of a Pet Smart. Mila got out and Cierra locked the car. Cierra walked into the store, making her way for the toys. Mila wandered around the store. She wandered to the back of the store where the cats were.
     Mila intended to walk by and go on with her day, but life had other plans. A small orange tabby suddenly leaped against the glass, scaring Mila.