Looking At You

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Dear Sophie - Tim Halperin

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

This might look a bit familiar because I'm finally bringing it back. I took sometime and have gone back in to recreate this story.

This is a Steve/OC, but we're building a character so get ready for a ride from the beginning!

So let's get started...again!

--------------------------------------------------------

Looking At You

Looking at You from my eyes to my heart, I knew that I loved you right from the start

You're lying there as still as could be, you open your eyes and you look back at me

So go on and dream as big as the sea but dont let the tide take you too far from me

Well go on and find who you wanna be and know that my love for you will never leave

17 years old. At age 17, Tony Stark was ready to take on the world. He had just graduated from MIT at the top of his class and had every door he wanted open for him to venture through. But sometimes when you open one of those doors you could be quite surprised about what you find on the other side. Or rather who.

Bright, hazel eyes starred up at him in wonder. He looked up and down the hallway of the loft but found no one in sight.

"Honey, why are you just standing there? I thought you had a meeting?" His mother, Maria, asked from the foyer.

Tony still stood there awestruck at the small bundle that had yet to make a sound. The small baby actually gave a toothless grin at him and that was all.

"What's wrong, dear?" Maria walked over to her son and gasped at the sight. "Oh my Lord..." The older woman quickly bent down to grab the poor defenseless baby in her arms. "You poor thing. How long have you been out here?" She asked knowing she wasn't going to get a response in return.

Tony's eyes found an envelope on the ground that must had been laid under the infant. He grasped it in his shaky hands, seeing his name in messy handwriting in the center. The teenager pulled the paper out of it as his mother cooed over the baby. His stomach sank to his feet as he read.

Tony,

This really is ignorant of me to tell you this in a letter, but then again, our relationship was never really the traditional or healthy type. It's been some long and difficult 10 months since the last time I saw you. Since I've left you. We were only 16 and thought we knew the world. And now at just 17 I still don't know who the hell I am.

You however seem to be finding yourself, at least that's what all the press says. And that's as much contact I've had or would have with you. But I suppose I should get to the point of you even finding this message in the first place. I left you because I got pregnant. I was scared and didn't know what I wanted to do. My parents made me keep the baby even though I knew I wasn't ready to be a mother yet.

And I'm still not. I tried.

Rebecca was born on June 25 at 1:23 AM. She was 7 pounds, 10 ounces. 20 inches long. She's your daughter Tony. Do a paternity test if you wish, but she'll still be yours. I've included the paperwork for you to take full guardianship.

She'll have a better life with you than she ever would with me.

-C

Tony felt the lump in his throat drop all the way to his stomach and then to his feet. He looked back up at the small infant that was wrapped in the light purple blanket. She was already looking back at him, as if she knew the whole time the little secret that was now between the two of them.

"What'd it say, sweetheart?" Marie asked quietly, gently swaying with the small girl in her arms.

"She's mine." Tony whispered, still staring. "She's my daughter."

At his words, Rebecca gurgled, giving him another toothless grin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 will be up next Monday 1/15/18!

 MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW MY TUMBLR FOR MY REBECCA!