Heart of Gold

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Heart of Gold - Birdy

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

You all are FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! OMG the last chapter outdid anything I've ever posted in just 48 hours and I was truly tripping on something!

We're very close to The Avengers, like so close...so so so close.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Heart of Gold

I can be strong when I want to be

You think I'm weak 'cause you can tear me apart

With the words that you speak

You think you're in control but you don't understand

How much you are wrong

When my heart is made from gold

And forgiveness seems too bold

April 2012

She would admit, Becca was in a way kind of excited to be doing history lesson after history lesson. She had always enjoyed school, History and English being her favorites. Anything she could get her nose stuck in a book and lose her mind for a few hours she enjoyed. Her apartment contained more books than movies she had no doubt. And it helped that Steve was very similar. Over the past few weeks now they had grown closer each day they spent together. Whether they were just sitting by each other reading, working out whether that be running or her joining him at the gym, or her teaching him simplicities of this new world. They have found an easy rhythm with each other. Which brought them to where they were now.

They decided to spend the morning getting lost in the American Museum of Natural History. Steve for the most part was up to anything Becca suggested, which made her on the constant search of things for the two of them to do. It wasn't that complicated seeing as Becca started with her favorites and worked out form there. But she also knew he was searching the city on his own in the times she had to be at SHIELD.

At the moment, she was across the room from him, taking their own time in the Space section. Explaining to Steve that we had landed on the moon and so on was in a way challenging, especially for Becca now knowing there actually were other beings out there. Namely a God that decided to bring his presences to Earth. Becca watched him from afar, hands stuffed in his pockets as he intently read the paragraphs and paragraphs in front of him. There were school kids and tourists scattered about but no one bothered him. He would simply smile at them when he crossed their paths and keep going. Eager to learn anything he could get his hands on. Right now, he was just a face in the crowd. No one knew who he was or what he had been through, and all she could do was wish upon him to stay unknown for as long as possible. A difference for her, who had a baseball hat slung low on her face to not alert anyone of the young Stark.

The two found their way back to each other before finishing up the exhibit and hitting the gift shop. Steve simply looked around while Becca stole a few minutes to herself to buy them each something. He followed behind her as they left the building, him trying to get her to say what was in the bag. His nagging finally got to her while she stopped on the giant marble steps.