Control

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

Control - Halsey

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

Are you ready for the beginning of what you all really really want? Because we're here!

---------------------------------------

Control

I'm bigger than my body
I'm colder than this home
I'm meaner than my demons
I'm bigger than these bones

May 1 2012

She sat at the end of the bed, head held in her hands trying to gather her thoughts as best as possible. But as her fingers ran through her oily roots of her hair, she felt sick. As quickly as possible, Becca hurried to the bathroom and closing the door behind her. Water ran cold out of the faucet and she proceeded to throw it on her face, the nauseous feeling sinking back. The young girl turned the water off and let her fingers hold tightly to the porcelain basin, finally looking up to see her reflection. She looked a mess.

The entire night was a mess. Becca agreed to a night out with Garrett and a few of their colleagues, in the desperate need to let loose for a nights. She had invited Steve but he wasn't up for it, which she completely understood. Hell, she wasn't a crazy partier either, but this was just a few drinks with a few friends. A few drinks turned into a few shots, turned into heavy flirtation between Becca and Garrett and then all of the sudden they were sharing a cab back to his apartment. And now here she was, waking up from a night spent together in his bed.

That's when everything clearly clicked in her head. And she needed to get out of there ASAP.

For a STRIKE agent, it was beyond easy for Becca to slip around the apartment and gather her things. By the time she was ready to sneak out the door he was still face down in the pillows. As she closed the door, that's when the nausea came brewing back to the surface of what she just did. The bright April sun was shining to an extreme at the 7AM making her more self conscious at what just happen. It was like every person was staring at her, knowing what had happened the night before.

She couldn't go back to her apartment. She couldn't sit alone in her thoughts. She needed to talk it out, desperately. She grabbed two coffees and started her walk to the apartment she needed right now. At the door, being careful of the hot drinks, Becca buzzed the apartment.

"I swear to God, I will kill whoever you are." A tired voice came through the intercom after several buzzes.

"Eve, let me up."

She didn't have to say anything else as the door unlocked beside her. For once Becca actually took the elevator up to her best friend's apartment on the 9th floor. She was just too exhausted to move her body anymore than she had too. Eve was already standing at the door, blonde hair a mess and just a tanktop and shorts covering her arms crossed body, when the doors opened to her floor.

"This better be worth it, Stark. Do you know what time it is?"

The brunette trudged over to her, holding the respective coffee out as a peace offering. "I fucked up."

Eve could see the guilty look in her eye and along with her cursing, she knew this was serious. "Get inside." Her words were softer, knowing she didn't go out of her way for help like this often. "What's going on?"

Lithe (S.R) Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें