I Wanna Be There

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel; only Rebecca and the world surrounding her.

I Wanna Be There - Blessid Union of Souls

Welcome to Lithe from the To Build A Home Series!

Thanks to everyone that reviewed, favorited, and subscribed to this story so far!

This is a very emotional chapter overall so please read at your own pace. But I love this chapter and how the relationships have tied together to get here.

Also I just rewatched the first season of Agents of SHIELD for the first time probably since it came out, and it truly shaped where Becca will be heading forward and I'm very excited to for you to see her progression in the organization.

-------------------------------------------------

I Wanna Be There

Cause you got so much to give

But you throw it all away

And all you got to show for who you are is pain

And I've got so much to give

If you'd only let me in

I'm gonna take the time to show you I'm a friend

You'll believe in love again

Becca's eyes opened wide, her breath coming in and out with short bursts. Her heart was pounding against her chest and in her ears, almost, just almost blocking out the noise that woke her in the first place. But she could still hear it. She took in her surroundings, unusual at first but starting to put all the pieces back together. She was in the room Tony had designed for her in the Tower and by the clock on the wall she had either slept 24 hours or possibly more.

After the battle, the Avengers had taken Loki to a holding cell at SHIELD, this time with shackles and a muzzle, with no way for him to be sent free unless it as one of them of Fury to do the freeing. They weren't going to play that game again. The guards understanding that thoroughly with the threat of the Hulk beating their heads in from Natasha. The redhead alone was terrifying and the mention of the big guy, that was the cherry on top.

They had moved Eric Selvig as well, the man a mumbling mess at that point and no one discouraging it. He was handed off to the doctors almost immediately with the hope of helping his mental health process. That healing process was quickly turned on the team as well. Doctors swarming the seven on Fury's order, each taken for a checkup. That's when things began to go fuzzy for Becca. They had given her a strong dose of pain medication for her leg and other injuries. At some point, Tony had convinced, or rather told her he was taking her back to the tower. And now walking up there.

The loud bang that woke her happened again, the fear of what was happening on the other side of the door bubbling in her stomach. Her hand out of instinct tried to grab a knife but none were on her or close by. She pulled her body finally into a sitting position with much struggle. Becca pushed through the pain and exhaustion to stumble to her suit and gear lying on the chair next to her bed. Pulling out the one clean knife she had left, Becca limped to the door. The door easily pulled away from the frame and allowed the spy to hesitantly look around, knife poised at her side. Even with the limp, she had managed to get to the end of the hallway soundlessly. Her body deflated in ease at the sight in the kitchen, the man walking back and forth from the counter to the stove to the fridge. His movements halting at seeing the girl peeking around the corner.